cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJQWOmPu8e1
Asteroid

SmartView Issue

I just bought a 55" QLED Q8C TV, however Im unable to use SmartView on both my mobile (Note 5) and my laptop (ASUS TUF 2018) as the SmartView App always shows "No TVs Found" message eventhough they all are connected to the same home network!!

Thank you in advance for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SmartView Issue

Do you have a dual band router that supports 2.4 and 5 gHz?

userJQWOmPu8e1
Asteroid

No, I have an old router "Technicolor TG582n V2", I believe it only has one band "2.4".

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you provide the full model code of the TV? This can be found in the menu under Support > Contact Samsung. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userJQWOmPu8e1
Asteroid

QA55Q8CNA

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this information. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

tamanaco
Halo

Is there a way to mirror the screen of an iPad Pro running iOS 12.3.1 on a Q80R QLED TV running firmware 1605.0 and connected to the same 5.0GHz WiFi network? I tried using the latest versions of SmartView and SmartThings Apps available in the Apple App store. SmartView fails to find the Q80R in the Network, but it finds my old Samsung KU7000F UHD TV. The SmartThings App finds the Q80R, but I can't find a function that would allow me to mirror the iPad screen on this QLED TV.  All I get with the SmartThings Apps are remote control functions. Both of my old and new Samsung TVs were bought in the US. The only way I have been able to mirror the screen of the iPads on the QLED TV is to use a Google Chromecast and one of the paid Chromecast Apps available in the apple store.  All mirrowing and other SmartThings options work fine using my Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone, but I need to get the iPad Pro to mirrow the screen on a QLED (Samsung Frame TV)  for demostrations in a business enviroment.  The business uses iPads for design and as presentation tools. I recommended that they get a Samsung QLED Frame TV to replaced an old Samsung they had in their conference room which worked with fine SmartView, but this TV recently died.  I was hopping that with the newer Samsung QLED TVs they would gain function instead of loosing the mirroring feature that they were accustumed to use.