JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smartapps limitation

(Topic created on: 2/12/20 8:36 AM)
eldiener
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have just recieved a Q70R QLED TV and unpacked and set it up. The quality and the technology are first rate. But the software design for the smartapps feature is really terrible. First there is a slew of pre-installed apps which can not be deleted. Even worse all the pre-installed apps appear on the Home Screen and can not be removed or moved anywhere. This clutters up the Home Screen with some 15 or so pre-installed apps which I must scroll through just to use a streaming app which I like. I have no interest in these pre-installed apps.

Why would Samsung design a home screen so user unfriendly ? Does anybody know ? If you are trying to make streaming what you want as slow and difficult as possible you would design your smartapps software the way Samsung has done. I really hope Samsung will wake up, realize that the user does not want to have a bunch of pre-installed apps which can not be removed or moved from the Home Screen in any way,, and allow the user to choose what streaming apps he or she wants rather than shoving a bunch of these apps down a user's throat. Hopefully a software upgrade will fix this problem. I am amazed that Samsung would make such a good TV on the technological side and design such a poor streaming apps interface on the software side.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Qled and Frame

You can remove/move the pre-installed apps on the Home Screen by highlighting the desire app and pressing the Down key on your remote. From there, TV gives you a dropdown menu to either Move or Remove.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Options
Qled and Frame

You can remove/move the pre-installed apps on the Home Screen by highlighting the desire app and pressing the Down key on your remote. From there, TV gives you a dropdown menu to either Move or Remove.

View solution in context

0 Likes
eldiener
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

You are absolutely right ! Thank you, thank you ! While I do not mind Samsung pre-installing a number of apps for when you get the TV, and I think it is really idiotic that I can not uninstall these pre-installed apps, at least the Home Screen is now much more usuable with all those pre-installed apps removed.

0 Likes