cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermMzzgTNt43
Astronaut

Re: [Solution] How to fix local dimming with subtitles

Solution for me was to change to standard mode (firmware 1260) its almost gone. I reduced the backlight to 40 and contrast to 35.  Local dimming left om high. 

FixLocalDimming
Constellation

Are the game mode problems same as I wrote on this:

"

As everyone know Samsung TV models are suffering from local dimming bug and couple of others. It seems there is solution for some methods to use tv, without suffering local dimming but not for pc mode? I have Samsung UE65NU8005 and I use it as second display on my pc. I have UHD color turned on so I can choose 120hz 1440p resolution. I dont know why it cannot be changed to that without UHD color mode. When choosing this mode you lose way to adjust the judder and the other thing 1-10 in settings (First bug I have noticed, because without uhd color turned on you can change them anyway you like instead of being greyed out), When I have my pc connected I cant change allmost any settings from my tv. Only Backlight, brightness, contrast, sharpness, Local dimming, Color temparature, white balance and gamma. All the other settings are greyed out. I pressed HDR on from windows 10 settings and tv changed gamma meaning hdr is on?, but the menu shows it off and cannot be turned on or off. (Second bug?), in some games like wreckfest it looks like its hdr when its turning on. 

Questions in short:

1. How to turn local dimming completely off in pc mode? HDR mode no and local dimming low is not working. I watched bone tomahawk movie and it was ugly looking on dark cave scenes when subtitles came to screen. Also there is nothing worse than seeing moon in movie with samsung TVs which is sad.

2. Cannot change jugger and the other setting when UHD color mode is on. When that mode is on you cant also choose some resolutions like 1080p 120hz. Which is not good, because I would like to use 1080p and 1440p 120hz and 4k 60hz without allways needing to put uhd color on and off.

3. On pc mode even game mode is off you cannot put movie or other settings on. Instead there is only standard and dynamic and most settings are greyed out

I would love to use this as second monitor and use apps and games etc. this way. Couple of apps I could use from tv apps, but not all to change settings. That local dimming thing is also messing up when trying to calibrate tv.

I made a mistage and bought Samsung which is the reason I am here"
----
Fix the local dimming finally.
FixLocalDimming
Constellation

Is game mode problems these: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Samsung-UE65NU8005-and-couple-problems-bugs-Anyon...

Also the HDR+ solution is not very good if you use PC to watch movies and such, because you cant change all settings.

----
Fix the local dimming finally.
userbfk9dw3jmi
Astronaut

It would be nice if this could be fixed without HDR+. That setting makes everything washed out, so I don't want to use it.