Original topic:

Sound drops with NEO QN90A and Q950T Soundbar

(Topic created: 05-04-2021 11:33 AM)
usersk11dpHB70
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a 2021 Neo QLED QN90A (65") connected to a Q950T via a HDMI 2.1 cable on the TV port 3 (eARC).  I have the latest software updates to both the TV and the sound bar.  the sound bar mode to the tv is eArc. Once every 45 minutes to an hour the sound drops for less than a second.  It does not matter what the source is (Amazon 4K Fire Cube, Verizon 4K FIOS, or 4K Blu Ray)  all three input sources are connected  direct to the TV via HDMI.    Please Help.

usersk11dpHB70
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

What soundbar are you using?

My TV sound settings are as follows:

Sound Output - Soundbar 950T,  Sound Mode - Surround, HMDI-eArc Mode - Auto, Digital Output Mode - Pass-Through, Digital Output Audio Delay -100, Dolby Atmos Compatibility - On, Sound Feedback - Off.

My TV is connected via HDMI port 3 (eArc) to the soundbar via a HDMI 2.1 cable.  The sound drops happen no matter the input source: Blu Ray DVD, Amazon Fire Cube, and Verizon FIOS cable box.

0 Likes
Members_dxuS90x
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Is samsung going to address this? It is an eARC issue that plagued their q80t and q90t tvs from last year.  I have a q80t and got fed up that it has never been fixed or acknowledged despite customer pleas and complaints all across the community.  After waiting, I have finally broke down and decided to trade in my 85" q80t for a qn90a 85", but am going to be very disappointed if it has not been fixed yet. Unacceptable for two top tier TVS after spending close to $10,000 between the two.

0 Likes
davebwi
Comet
Options
Qled and Frame
I have the 2021 QN 90A 75" exact same problem 1066 2 firmware Still wont fix it!!
Members_dxuS90x
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Samsung would you please respond to this thread.

user5YqfV21oxs
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the exact same issue with my qn90a connected to my q950a via earc. Skips up to every 2 minutes. Does not occur if I connect my nvidia shield to the q950a directly. 

0 Likes
NoHero
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I JUST purchased the 55" QN 90A.  Day 1 the eARC (HDMI 3) worked just fine with my Vizio Dobly Atmos soundbar, flawlessly switching between the other devices (PS5, DirecTV, Apple TV).  Day 2 I started getting the occasional 1 second drop.  Day 3 all sound via sound bar has stopped and I get a pop up on the TV saying my external sound device is not connect to HDMI 3.  Have tried THREE separate cables to troubleshoot with no success.  Have submitted for service with Samsung.  They can fix this ASAP or it goes back to Best Buy.

0 Likes
userJXOR3l0l1m
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have this same issue in the U.K. with the Q90T. 
Tried both firestick and roku devices in hdmi ports on the tv. Both devices suffer with 1-2 second audio drop out every 45 - 90mins. 

ive tried everything to fix it from trying sound setting on auto and also trying passthrough (it’s connected to a receiver).

nothing works though and issue remains.

assuming this will never get fixed. 

0 Likes
usernykPi6qgmm
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I come from Austria and bought the 65QN90A on April 28th, 2021. My 65QN90A had the same problem from the start. With all HDMI inputs, my TV has a sound dropout for 2 seconds every 20 minutes, exactly to the second. It doesn't matter whether my PC, Apple TV 4K or UBD-M9500 Blu-ray player is connected. The sound dropouts occur with every external HDMI device. My TV is not connected to a surge protector.

The sound dropouts also occur through the TV speakers. So the problem occurs with every soundbar. The sound dropouts also occurred on my HW-N650 soundbar and on my new HW-Q900A. I don't have these problems with my 55Q70R TV. I use a high quality 8K HDMI 48Gbit/s premium cable with all my devices. The QN90A, QN95A…. Series appear to have a hardware problem.

0 Likes
user3cvmEqJiJx
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I also have this issue but mine happens every 2 minutes.

I cant do any source even built in samsung apps to eARC or even ARC to sound bar on hdmi3 because every 2 minutes and a few seconds the sound will pause briefly and I will see the volume shoot back to 15 as if it disconnected.

I can't do source to soundbar then soundbar to HDMI3 because then instead of just the sound pausing briefly the soundbar will report that it switched from HDMI1 to D.IN so the video cuts out completely until i switch the soundbar back.

I can't even do source to soundbar then soundbar to ANY hdmi port even if I disable hdmi-cec and have no sound coming out the TV regardless of any settings the same issue will happen, it will switch the soundbar to D.IN.

0 Likes
user3cvmEqJiJx
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Nevermind it's the soundbar, the issue didn't start until I connected soundbar to the new tv but sure enough it ended up happening even when new tv isn't connected

0 Likes