Original topic:

Sound drops with NEO QN90A and Q950T Soundbar

(Topic created: 05-04-2021 11:35 AM)
usersk11dpHB70
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a 2021 Neo QLED QN90A (65") connected to a Q950T via a HDMI 2.1 cable on the TV port 3 (eARC).  I have the latest software updates to both the TV and the sound bar.  the sound bar mode to the tv is eArc. Once every 45 minutes to an hour the sound drops for less than a second.  It does not matter what the source is (Amazon 4K Fire Cube, Verizon 4K FIOS, or 4K Blu Ray)  all three input sources are connected  direct to the TV via HDMI.    Please Help.

23 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Can you try a different HDMI cable, 4Kcompatible, and also check the power strip? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usersk11dpHB70
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I replaced a 2.0 HDMI cable with a 2.1 cable as a possible cure for this problem (both were 4K).  What did you mean by check the power strip?  I'm using a surge protector.  Are you suggesting moving the sound bar power plug to different location or replacing the surge protector?  This is the same surge protector I had with my prior Samsung TV only I was using a Onkyo  receiver.

I have also turned off the TV speakers in case they were interfering with the sound bar.  Also I have tried switching the Sound Mode from Adaptive to Standard with no change with the issue.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

Try plugging the tv and the soundbar both into a wall socket. I don't know why, but this helps sometimes.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usersk11dpHB70
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

It is too far for the SAMSUNG provided cords to reach the outlet.  That being said, I would never, EVER, plug a high end electronic device directly into a wall outlet unless the the home has a whole house surge protector installed.  This is something on my wish list.  I will try replacing the current surge protector with a new Belkin model.

Thanks for the speedy reply to my question but I'm hopeful for a more meaningful suggestion!

Also, I now see that I'm not the only one with this issue.

usersk11dpHB70
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

OK - new surge protector has been installed (replaced a Monster with a Belkin) and it made no difference whatsoever (as expected).  I'm now trying some different sound settings combinations on the TV since there is not much to do on the sound bar other than volume settings.  Is Samsung going to respond to this issue?  At this point I would have expected something - I have not even been told if this is a TV or sound bar problem.  Does Samsung eARC work?  Is a software patch or work around in the plans for the near future?  This was a lot of cash to spend for a flawed product.

Samsung - Please respond!

userd2hs88NQRJ
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I don’t think actual Samsung employees read these threads. Granted I’m new, but it seems its main utility is to provide a place for **bleep** over customers recommend you buy a Sony next time. 

davebwi
Comet
Options
Qled and Frame
Sad...But true....
0 Likes
usersk11dpHB70
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

OK, since Samsung is not going to respond, I tried a few this on my own.  First, I removed all 3 of my inputs from QN95A and was going to connect them directly to the Q950T.  Since there are only 2 HDMI input ports on the Q950T, I had to use an HDMI splitter.  I'm using the Fivehome 5 input 1 output put HDMI splitter that supports HDMI 2.0 and 4K (with remote!).  Secondly, I added a Netgear AC2200 WiFi Mesh booster/repeater.  The QN90A sound is set to use the Q950T and ignore the TV speakers.  Also, sound is set to surround.  This configuration has lowered the 1 second sound drops to 1 or 2 in a 6 to 8 hour period (I keep a log).  Is this the complete solution?  No, but it is a vast improvement over the base configuration.  I still think this is a Samsung problem interfacing the the QN90A with the Q950T and have hopes that a software update will arrive to fully correct the issue.  I'm very disappointed with the Samsung Community moderators lack of response to the many sound issues that are being reported.

0 Likes
Options
Qled and Frame

Oddly, I have the QN90A but am not experiencing any audio dropouts through tv speakers or soundbar. I wonder what I have that different from the rest of you -- your sound output? sound settings such as format? on TV native apps? on HDMI devices? what shows?

0 Likes