cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

TV Fading Out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 13 months of use our TV model qn82q6fna began to fade to black at random times. We have had all three of the boards inside replaced and still no resolution. We set up a fan to blow into the vents at the bottom and that seems to work. Within minutes of turning the fan off the TV will fade out. The backlight stays on and the sound stays on. We have lowered all the brightness and backlight settings to the lowest level with no results. Does any one have any suggestions to keep the TV working?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV Fading Out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, if this occurs on all sources and the picture test then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
it may be an overheating issue, consider mending the unit that takes care of cooling the TV and the TV should work
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for replying, I can't seem to find any cooling devices inside only passive heatsinks. No fans or other devices.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had literally the exact same problem. Samsung took the TV and examed it for more than a week and couldn't figure it out. I was lucky that I had taken a video of it happening to prove it to the first support guy to come to the house, since it doesn't happen all the time and it wasn't happening that afternoon. In the end they replaced the TV completely, although I think my warrenty still starts at the original purchase date.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

have your back lights tested for consistancy. the lights flicker when when one led is shorting out. i think thats whats going on with your tv... im teaching myselft how to fix tvs if you replaced all the boards only two possible things that could make it do that a short on one of the strands of lights in the tv or not enough voltage going to the lights they take up alot of voltage depending on the tv usually 60 volts and up. i think  its your backlights thats causing this....please let me know if that was the issue and how you fixed it. thank you and good luck.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, if this occurs on all sources and the picture test then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post