JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV HDMI arc soundbar no sound

(Topic created: 10-05-2020 11:27 AM)
userXZmPpT0gMW
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hello folks. I have a brand new 75 inch series 8 TV connected to a q90r  soundbar via HDMI 2 arc port. When I select the source on the soundbar as eArc I have no sound. 

Anynet is switched on.

Both TV and bar running latest firmware.

Different hdmi cables tried.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

2 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Connecting your TV to your soundbar using ARC only requires one HDMI cable. This type of connection is best when you are only connecting the soundbar and TV and not using external devices. You won't be able to connect external devices to the soundbar, and you will be using one of your HDMI ports on the TV for the soundbar.

1. Use the HDMI ARC port on the TV.

TVs that support ARC usually have one HDMI port that is labeled (ARC), make sure that your HDMI cable is connected to this port.

2. Connect the HDMI cable to HDMI OUT on the soundbar.

3. Verify Anynet+ (HDMI CEC) is turned on.

The HDMI-CEC feature will have a different name depending on the brand of TV that you have. For Samsung TV's, it is called Anynet+. On a Samsung TV, you can find this feature in Settings > General > External Device Manager > Anynet+.

4. Set the source on the soundbar to D. In.

Since ARC is a technology that allows the D. In. signal to be transmitted over an HDMI cable, select D. In as your source, and not other sources like HDMI or TV. If the connection is successful, the source will automatically switch to TV ARC.

If the source changes to TV ARC but you still have a sound issue, disconnect your soundbar from the TV and confirm the TV is able to play sound without it. If your TV does not have sound either, you'll need to troubleshoot that issue first and the soundbar may not need any additional effort.

5. If the source does not switch from D. In to TV ARC, replace the HDMI cable and try again.

Repeat the previous steps with a brand new HDMI cable.

6. Connect the soundbar to another TV with ARC.

This step helps determine whether the ARC is not working on the TV or on the soundbar. If you have another TV with ARC, connect to it and repeat the previous steps.

• If the source switches from D. In to TV ARC when using the 'test' TV, the soundbar does not need service, and the issue is with the original TV.
    • If the source does not switch when using the 'test' TV, this will require service. 

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRVaKN6teeI
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Unfortunately, from my research, there is a massive bug with Samsung TVs' CEC. People have been complaining for over two years and Samsung either can't or won't fix it. The solution is to go to your settings and turn CEC off, then turn it back on again. And voila! You have sound again. Unfortunately, you will be doing this for a long, long time because it's probably never getting fixed. I've been doing it daily since I got a soundbar 4 months ago. My TV is too new to shop for a replacement, but when I do, you can be assured that I will never, ever buy a Samsung TV again.