Original topic:

TV Mounting Bolts Issue.

(Topic created: 04-24-2020 01:07 PM)
Jekyl
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello Folks,

I just purchased a Samsung 32" HDR 4K UHD Smart QLED TV.  Model number QN32Q50RAFXZA.  This TV is a VESA compliant 100x100.  My current mount accomodates a VESA 100x100 and 200x200.  The problem is with the bolts which I need.  On Page 7 in the owners manual it gives the specs for the mounting holes.  It reads M4 - 1.25mm x 19-22mm.  I searched online for an M4 bolt with a thread pitch of 1.25.  I could not find anything.  Every website I went to defaults to an M4 bolt with a thread pitch of 0.70mm.  I have reached out to Samsung three times so far.  They referred me to www.samsungparts.com who stated that they do not carry what I need.  I was also referred to www.replacementscrews.com.  I did order a set of bolts from them which turned out to be too short.  I have not received those bolts yet to know for sure.  I believe the bolts are too short because I again reached out to Samsung for further information.  In doing so they told me that the length of the bolts I ordered from replacementscrews are 16 mm.  Which are too short.  I also asked if it were possible that the owners manual had a misprint regariding the bolt size.  This was prompted due to me not being able to locate an M4 bolt with the 1.25mm thread pitch as indicated in the manual.  Also, because the Samsuung reps yesterday and today told me that the bolt size is an M6.  At this point I am thoroughly confused.

It would appear that what I need is an M4 - 1.25mm bolt somewhere in the vicinity of 25mm long to accomodate the thickness of the TV wall mount plate, and the thickness of a sound bar mounting bracket.  Any advice that you folks may have will be gladly accepted.

Thank you

JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
Samsung_xTwaIOV
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello everyone

0 Likes
Samsung_Kq2BryU
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Petal ❤

0 Likes
sbsac
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes, it's ridiculous that Samsung doesn't just include the mounting bolts/screws WITH the TV. They're specific to each TV -- most mounts and TV stands will fit a bazillion different bolts/screws, but not the TV.

Samsung does offer wall-mount screws on their parts website, but my TV model starts with QN, and it says at the bottom that this kit doesn't fit model numbers that start with QN and several other TV models. But they don't offer a kit that WILL fit.

It's taken me all afternoon to figure this out, with several chats with Samsung, several phone calls, googling parts at a dozen online stores, etc. Sometimes they would tell me I needed an M8 screw, but forget to mention the length. Different agents would give me different lengths, between 11mm and 45mm, which is quite a difference. And never did anyone tell me I'd need to know the thread pitch!!!

The owners manual for our TV doesn't say anything about wall mounting, but the mounting holes are there.

My husband is an electronics technician, so he's been able to figure out part of the puzzle. I feel sorry for anybody who isn't technically minded!

It's extremely frustrating and gives a very negative impression of Samsung.

Just include the dang screws, Samsung!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Page 8 of the install manual for the QN32Q50RAFXZA includes the following information. This model is compatible with any VESA standard 100x100 wall mount, which should include a full assortment of mounting screws.

0 Likes