Original topic:

TV Plus, and SOME Apps not working after 1506 update

(Topic created: 06-04-2021 06:16 PM)
Ranti Hero
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I saw a notification on my 65 inch Q7DA yesterday, that there had been an update. Which I saw on the TV info was update 1506.

Since then, Samsung TV Plus, Internet app, Netflix app, Prime video App, Voice assistant all do not work. Nothing happens when I press the buttons, where all of these things worked perfectly before the update. The apps themselves on the TV are dimmed and show a circle around them.  I can also not connect to the Smart things app to the TV, I can't connect google home devices to the TV.

It has an internet connection, I have verified it via the TV and via our router. Ive tried wired, 2.4 and 5ghz connections. I have reset the modem and router, I have reset the internet settings on the TV, I tried changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, I cold booted, I unplugged it for several minutes, I even did a factory reset. Nothing resolves the issue.

Other apps such as disney, hbo, hulu still work fine, though I can not add or remove apps, and it still shows it is connected to my Samsung account.

Any suggestions here? I've had the TV just over a month, I wouldn't think there should be these kinds of issues.

2 Replies
userX4K1imRQJR
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Don't know if I have a 1506 update, but all apps stopped working here too.  Nework said it's connected.  I"ve rebooted, (we don't have cable - use an air antenna for regular TV).  Also, initially TV says not connected to Samsung server - and I can't seem to connect, since we have the air antenna...it doesn't give that as an option

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Please try cold booting the television to clear the system cache.

With the power on, press the power button on your remote, and hold it until the TV powers off, then on again. 

If you still have problems, the next step is to reset the Smart Hub from Settings>Support>Self Diagnosis>Reset Smart Hub.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes