TV Won't turn on

(Topic created: 12-17-2020 11:26 AM)
userHu0dPYpAbT
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

QN75Q660R

Purchased January 31, 2020

All of a sudden TV turned off. Then continually attemped to turn itself on and off until I unplugged it. Had a home theatre professional look at it to rule out cables, boxes, etc.

It is definitely the TV.

No help from the retailer - told me to contact manufacturer.

No help from online chat as it was not ordered directly from Samsung.

Have been on hold for over 1 hour to speak with a Representative, and nothing.

I registered TV for warranty; however, still have no support on when I can have a repair!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I would love to assist you with this. 

Is the unit plugged into a surge protector? 

Is your standby light on, off, or flashing?

If the standby light is on:

• It is normal for the standby light to be lit when the TV is turned off (as long as it is plugged in and receiving power). But if the TV still won't turn on when you try, the only thing left to rule out is the remote.

First, try turning on the TV without the remote. (The Power button's location varies depending on your TV's model. If you are not sure where it is located, see your user manual.)

• If the TV turns on this way but not with your remote, troubleshoot the remote.
    • If your TV still will not turn on, service is required. 

If the standby light is off:

• Without using the remote, press any button on your TV except Power.
    • If anything appears on the screen when you interact with the controls, this confirms your TV is on. You can continue troubleshooting by going to the next step.
  • Unplug the TV for 30 seconds, and then plug it into a working outlet.
    • If the standby light comes on (and doesn't flash or blink), your TV is receiving power and will probably turn on now just fine. This means there is an issue with the original outlet, or the surge protector if you were using one. If it still doesn't turn on even though the standby light is now on, continue troubleshooting in the section for TV won't turn on, and standby light is on.
    • If the standby light comes on but flashes or blinks, or if the standby light still doesn't come on, service is required

If the standby light is flashing:

• Surge protectors may eventually wear out and stop providing the necessary voltage for your TV. If you're using one, make sure that you rule this out before you set up service for a flashing standby light.

If the unit is turning on and off by itself try the following:

• By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices. 
  • Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.
    • Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
  • Try to update the software.
    • In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.
  • Disable the Power On with Mobile option.
    • TVs that can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.
    • If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userMzaMcKTJRJ
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have an UN60D6400 led TV that out of the blue turned black while the standby light keeps flashing being unresponsive to remote command. The only way I could stop it was simply by unplugging it (a few seconds after unplugging continued to flash). No power outage(s) and was always connected to a surge protector. Checked the connections and were all OK. Any suggestion?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

• Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in

Try to update the software.

• In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

• TVs that can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.
  • If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. If the unit is in/out of warranty you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userMzaMcKTJRJ
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

The TV DOESN'T turn on. The lights keep flashing with the typical click noise at ON/OFF command. TV is not reponsive to remote command even after over 30 min unplugged and changing the outlet with/without surge protector and continues to  flash and click once it is powered.

userHSryXVymvN
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

My two-week-old UE75TU8000 developed a variant of this fault yesterday: pressing the on/off button on the remote just made the red light flash, but the TV didn't turn on.

I switched the wall power off & on, then the TV turned on. But if I left it off for over a minute, the problem recurred.

I contacted Samsung web chat, they suggested might be a hardware fault and offered to arrange an engineer visit.

I did a factory reset. That didn't help the power problem, and then also failed to setup networking - couldn't see the wifi, didn't recognise the network cable.

I put the latest firmware on a USB and upgraded, and the problem is now fixed.

(I don't know whether the problem is upgrading the firmware, or simply re-installing it. It feels like a bug to me, rather than a hardware problem).

Hope this is of some use to others searching for solutions for what seems to be a common problem with these TVs.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

0 Likes