JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV "Forgets" HDMI Input Info

(Topic created: 09-28-2020 04:03 PM)
userKQXY24LHd7
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have an AppleTV connected to an HDMI input to a Q70. It was carefully setup and named AppleTV with the AppleTV icon, and inserted into the widgets/apps row for easy access. However, if I turn off/sleep the AppleTV, the Samsung TV completely forgets the HDMI input name, icon, etc. The next time I power up the AppleTV, I have to re-setup everything all over again.

Why can't the Samsung TV just remember the input setup? If I attach a new, different device I'll set it up myself.

Very annoying.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recommend trying another device in the HDMI input to see if this is occurring with anything else. If this is the case I recommend reaching out to Apple. If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Does this only occur with the Apple TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKQXY24LHd7
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks for your response. The only HDMI input I use is the AppleTV.

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recommend trying another device in the HDMI input to see if this is occurring with anything else. If this is the case I recommend reaching out to Apple. If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

0 Likes
Scottwhiter2
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
This happens with multiple devices. Including my PS5. Stop telling people to reach out to a technician. It's obvious it's a software problem with the TV. Fix it.