cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

TV sound output reverts to TV speakers and won't stay connected to Receiver (HDMI)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was so excited to get my new Samsung QN65Q80R, however I'm facing this annoyance. I hope someone here would be able to help me.

I have a 5.1 speaker setup connected to my Pioneer AVR (VSX-1021-K) and I connected one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI ARC port of the TV and the other end of the HDMI cable to the OUT port of the receiver. I tried to change the sound output of the TV from TV speakers to the Receiver (HDMI) setting but the setting keeps reverting to the TV speakers. I haven't tried the optical cable option yet, but I'd like the HDMI arc setup to work. The only way I get the home theater speakers to work is when I connected a fire TV box to the receiver and changed the source to receiver. However I do like the native smart features of the Samsung smart TV and would like the sound output through the receiver (5.1 setup) versus the TV speakers while watching the smart TV. Is my setup wrong or how can I get audio through my how theater speakers while watching the smart TV and how can I permanently set the sound output to the receiver (HDMI) option? Please help and this will be my perfect Christmas gift Smiley Happy thanks!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: TV sound output reverts to TV speakers and won't stay connected to Receiver (HDMI)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the response! However I found the solution to my problem. The problem was HDMI control option was set to PQLS. I changed that option to ALL and viola, the TV now detects and controls the receiver Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV sound output reverts to TV speakers and won't stay connected to Receiver (HDMI)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try these steps to see if it will hold the receiver. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111222/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the response! However I found the solution to my problem. The problem was HDMI control option was set to PQLS. I changed that option to ALL and viola, the TV now detects and controls the receiver Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is great news. Please let us know if we can provide further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.