JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV turns on and off..no solutions given and no respect to loyal customers

(Topic created on: 1/5/21 12:42 PM)
userIJ3JHXDNVj
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I am absolutely outraged at the way Samsung treat loyal customers. I have only bought Samsung TV's and phones for the last 20+ years. A 75" QN75Q7FNAF QLED TV I purchased in February 2019 has suddenly started turning off and on by itself. It turns on and off so quickly that no picture even appears. They only way it stops is leaving it unplugged. I reaserched this issue and found numerous posts of others experiencing the same issues. I have tried every possible thing that was mentioned. Keep in mind, Samsung knows full well about all these issues, but continues to act like it's a new thing. I called Samsung and set up a service appointment on 12/29. The guy just left after not doing anything because he said, it may be a certain part and he can change it and it will cost $300+, but if it not that part then they have to come back and I have to pay for a new one connect box and cable because that may be the problem. So in other words, I have to pay for the repairman to try different things each time and see if it works. What??? So I decided to message support trough Facebook. Here's the conversation:

Me: 

I am beyond upset. I am a loyal Samsung buyer. My 75" TV that was purchased in Feb. 2019 will not stop turning on and off by itself. It does not even stay on long enough to see a picture. A simple Google Search tells me that this is a common issue. But no clear solution is ever given. I contacted Samsung on 12/29/2020. Someone from Service Quick came today. They said the part they have may not fix the issue and the issue may be the one connect box and cable. But I would have to pay for the parts to find out. I can't believe that a $3000 TV is having this "common" issue and I have to pay for the repairmen's "trial and error" way of fixing it. I am shocked Samsung has not put out a recall with free part replacement for this issue as I see it all over the internet. The repairmen have now left and told me to contact Samsung again since they closed the ticket (because I did not want to pay twice!) They said I have to put in for a new ticket, but reference the old one so they can order the new one connect box & cable. They will then come back and try to fix it. This is insane as I have been without a TV since 12/28/2020. And $3000 is a lot for my family to spend only to be let down less than 24 months later. Please tell me there is something that can be done. I am sure I can change the one connect myself without having to pay the $150 service fee to the repairmen. But if that is not the issue then I am stuck with a giant useless connection box. Clearly something is defective as this issue started out of the blue. The service ticket for today was #41568xxxxx. I am told it is now closed. Please help as I am outraged this has happened and Samsung, so far, has not tried to make things right.
Samsung: 
Thank you for contacting the Samsung support channel! We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please share with us your ticket number. I'll be happy to take a look into it for you. ^Lisa
Me: 
Thank you. I did put the ticket number in my last message. Here it is again, 41568xxxxx.
Samsung: 
My apologizes. Thank you for the info. After review your ticket, I'm afraid that we won't be able to proceed with any accommodation at this time since the unit's manufacturer warranty expired on 02/20. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.^Lisa
Me: 
What??? That's not right. There is nothing you can do fo me? How about sending me a new one connect box and cable and agreeing to take it back if that is not the problem. How about showing loyal customers some respect. I can't believe after 22 months of use, I have a $3000 useless piece of metal hanging on my wall. I understand it is not you personally. My frustration is aimed at a company that is NOT willing to stand by their products and keep their loyal customers happy. Every TV and phone I have purchased for the last 20+ years has been Samsung. Please refer me to someone that can assist me.
Samsung: 
I understand where you're coming from. To order a new one connect box to test the unit, I'd kindly suggest you our Samsung Parts team at 800-627-4368 ( Mon - Fri 9:00 AM ~ 6:30 PM EST ) or sending them an email via this link: http://www.samsungparts.com/CustomerService.aspx. Let us know if you have any other concerns. ^Scarlet

I don't understand, I am not asking for anything for free...even though this is clearly a reoccuring issue that Samsung needs to take responsibility for. They should stand by their product and do what they can to retain their loyal customers. I have NEVER had a problem like this before and am regretting spending so much on this fancy TV that is now useless!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the ticket number to this PM Link, and I will be happy to review your case.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the ticket number to this PM Link, and I will be happy to review your case.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userqELLYmYai6
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

sorry i cannot tell if there was any resolution to this.  i have a similar situation that just started last night all of a sudden.  my tv (58Q60) was purchased in Sept 2020 and should be covered under warranty.  tks

0 Likes
userIJ3JHXDNVj
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Samsung finally made things right. Nearly 2 months later! The most helpful people were the ones responding to these messages. I got vey little help from Samsung's 800 number or their Facebook page. So thank you to all the people from Samsung HERE that helped me out.

0 Likes