cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

The Frame (2018 model) does not turn on or shows 'connect the connect one' screen

Hi there,

Very frustratingly after 2 years of trustworthy performance, my 'The Frame' TV seems to have packed in. Samsung support has been less than helpful, and before I spend £100 on an acreddited engineer call-out, I'm wondering if I can get some help with diagnosis here. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

So, problem is, I turn the TV on, and either get a totally blank screen, or the TV turns on, and displays the 'connect the 'connect box' screen. The box is plugged in etc and connected correctly. This fault happened after we'd been away for a while and had builders in doing work on our house.

Couple of things I notice: The red light at the back of the connect box (the optical output socket) is off. EXCEPT when you turn the TV and box on at the same time from the plug switch. Then it comes on for about 10-20 seconds, then turns off. The red light underneath the TV is on, and responds when you press the 'ON' button on the remote, but nothing happens.

I have managed to get it working a couple of times, after which it works without interruption, but the next day the screen is always blank and the problem re-occurs. Haven't managed to get it up and working for a day or two.

Is the most likely cause of this to be a damaged fibre-optic cable? Perhaps it got bent or damaged when the TV was off the wall and the buiders were working? Should I order a replacement cable anyway 'cause it's half the price of an engineer visit?

Thanks for any replies and help! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: The Frame (2018 model) does not turn on or shows 'connect the connect one'..

This could be a Connect Box problem.. That had happened to me, I had to get ba new box and it fixed my problem try that.😍
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: The Frame (2018 model) does not turn on or shows 'connect the connect one'..

thanks mate, looks like I'll have to book an engineer visit after all then!