cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

The Frame 2019 - Art Mode update to match 2020

Hello,

I'm really disappointed that there is no update on Art Mode for The Frame 2019. There's new features on the 2020 model that are purely software related (filters, store, etc.). I would have expected for those features to be available for older model. It's my first Samsung product. When I buy Apple or Sony products, they receive OS updates with new features for a couple of years. Considering The Frame costly premium is mostly for the Art Mode, I would have expected longer support of the product. I feel that the premium TV I bought a couple of months ago is now depreciated. 

Js

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: The Frame 2019 - Art Mode update to match 2020

Me too. I'm disappointed. A real missed opportunity to get more out of our Art Store subscriptions.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I agree completely.

Highlighted
Galaxy

Get used to it. Samsung has an atrocious history of doing this kind of stuff on all of their products, except maybe cell phones. 

We purchased a Family Hub refrigerator for $3500 in 2017 and was told it would be updated over time and that was a lie. Despite other models coming out with the exact same display, Samsung will not update the older refrigerators with the new software and apps. What makes it even worse, some of the apps no longer work rendering the entire entertainment portion of the fridge useless. And unlike cell phones, you typically keep fridges for 10 years.

Moral of the story I will NEVER purchase a Samsung product again. And I've talked my family and friends out of them too.