JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The Frame Smart View app connection problems

(Topic created on: 1/24/21 12:05 PM)
userYMK4qNYDpX
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Just bought a 2018 55" Samsung "the Frame." Have downloaded the Smart View app so that I can upload my own photos to display using Art Mode and it won't connect to my TV. The TV is connected via Wifi to my 2.4Ghz wifi network, as is my mobile phone with the app. I have power cycled everything. Software on the tv is version 1131 and up to date, TV model is UN55LS03N. I'm running Android 9.0 on my Pixel. I also downloaded the windows 10 app and tried that way - does not work either. Currently Ipv6 settings are off. I had turned them on and turned on the Ipv6 settings on my router. Does not work. I tried connecting to the 5G network. Does not work. I tried hardwiring the connection. Does not work. Under External Device Manager, my phone is listed under Device List as "allowed" and allowed services include Smart View. Access notifications are on but I'm not getting any notifications. I can stream Netflix so the tv is connected to the internet without problems. 

I have seen some comments from support that 2017 and 2018 models are not supported, but I don't buy that. The "my photos" options under Art Mode directs the user to the Smart View app specifically. That would be a pretty big oversight. I also see comments from people who can use the the app to upload photos, so it works somehow. I need answers on how to fix this. This is too much money to spend on a premium TV to have on of it's primary features be non functional.

63 Replies
SamsungGio
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
It lag on TV T.T 

Zero_83
Comet
Options
Qled and Frame
depends on the phone and on the TV. i have a samsung 4k TV and I use smart view to connect my note 10 to it, and it works without lag
TrayDogg
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
i have a note 9 and it wont connect to my LG TV anymore
0 Likes
Zero_83
Comet
Options
Qled and Frame
well that is your problem right there you have an LG TV. LG is an abbreviation for LAG and an acronym for Literally Garbage.
0 Likes
Zero_83
Comet
Options
Qled and Frame
LG makes low end electronics and sells them for good money to the mass market. but then again they are owned by Verizon telecommunications so what do you expect.
you have a cheap TV bro maybe not by cost but by standard LG uses the basic minimal bottom of the line part in all of their products even their garbage cell phones
0 Likes
SamsungGio
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
my tv is samsumg 4k 7100
0 Likes
TrayDogg
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
i have a Samsung Note 9 galaxy phone and It want connect to my HD smart TV
0 Likes
SamsungGio
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
verify ur wify connections
0 Likes
useriWbgwkeEp7
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
Anyone else having problems using smart view??
0 Likes
FuzzyElf
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
You will want to say which specific device(s) you are using, since Samsung makes so many.
0 Likes