cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user812daRzKP7
Constellation

Re: The Frame Smart View app connection problems

Smart View does not recognize my Frame TV at all. I use SmartThings which does work with my TV. However, it usually crashed every time I opened it. Then launching it again would work. I erased data and cache under settings-apps-Smart Things-memory and it seems to be working better and crashing less often.

Highlighted
userNT5thKxA7L
Constellation

Hello,

Did you ever solve this problem? I purchased the Frame 55" in December 18'... The SmartView app continues to tell me 'No TVs found' when I'm an arms reach away. Both are connected to the internet. I'm having difficulties with the Smart Things app as well... Helppp!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried resetting the network? Settings>General>Network>Reset Network

Trailblazed
Constellation

Unfortunately, you would have to reset your network every time you turn your television off because once you turn it back on, the app will not work again.  This has been an ongoing problem for months/years and Samsung continues to ask us to restart our tvs.  

Restarting the tv fixes the problem, but it is a temporary fix.  Once you turn your tv off and turn it back on, the app tells you that it cannot connect.  The "Restart" thing is not a permanent fix.  If you want the app to work everyday, restart your network and/or tv everyday.  

userLtn3i2yF45
Constellation

I just got off the phone with support and they know there is an issue but that doesn’t help me either I purchased the 2018-19 65” frame and feel ripped off!!

next call is to consumer and corporate affairs to launch a complaint.

What a ripoff!

JuanSoto
Astronaut

Just bought one and installed over the weekend.  I wish I had seen this thread before the purchase, because like others, I cannot connect to the TV from the smartview app on my iPhone or Windows 10 PC.

On both the iPhone and PC, I have seen the TV show up in the list of tv's to connect.  Once I try to connect though, I see it trying and eventually saying there was an error connecting.  Once the error happens, the TV never shows up in the list again.

Did Samsung support tell you what the issue was?  Did they offer any workaround?

Thanks.

userhvxBDsrE0F
Constellation

I have been told by Samsung support that frame tv photo upload will not work with iOS its an apple restriction I’m looking to return tv as I paid a premium for the option to display my own art. This was not mentioned in the promotion material poor from Samsung
userhvxBDsrE0F
Constellation

Forget what I just said after a lot of trial and error I now have work out what to do to sort the problem
Open smarts think app go to settings scroll down to auto update device controller and turn this off the app will now work to up load photos
userdul8XO9PUr
Astronaut

Thank you. I just did this and it works. I spent an hour on the phone this afternoon with Samsung. They reset my TV. No luck. Then they transferred me to phone support. After going through the entire issue again, I was told Samsung doesn’t work with the iPhone. I said it most certainly did as the store set up the TV last Thursday and it worked fine.  Why Samsung doesn’t give us this advice I found here baffles me. I was about to return the TV. I simply went into my iPhone settings and unclicked Auto Select to Device and Auto Connect to Device and it worked. I’ll be monitoring the situation closely. But at least this is a better alternative. 

usereJb29aJNnC
Asteroid

@userhvxBDsrE0F wrote:
Forget what I just said after a lot of trial and error I now have work out what to do to sort the problem
Open smarts think app go to settings scroll down to auto update device controller and turn this off the app will now work to up load photos

Thanks so much! I’ve spent days trying to figure this out and getting inneficient “help” from samsung’s tech support. I had the feeling the smart things app was to blame because it was around the time i downloaded it that the problem with stmartview began to happen.