JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The Samsung remote wont scroll up or down in the settings sub-menu!

(Topic created: 04-25-2020 12:12 AM)
userSuNuNieok5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Im using the Samsung smart remote that came with The Frame. Ive made sure its successfully paired - done the thing where you press the return and pause button to confirm. The TV light does blink every time I press it but will not actually complete the function. Ive changed the batteries as well - and since the light is flashing on the remote I dont think its a remote thing. Just to clarify - all the buttons (up, down, left, right) appear to work everywhere else - in Apps and in all other TV functions which makes me think it isnt the TV remote sensor either. It is only when I click on Settings that it will let me scroll up/down on the main settings menus on the left sidebar, and move right once to the first of the sub-menu items, but wont actually let me select the sub-menu item or scroll down to other items. So for instance I can go to Settings > Picture. And then scroll right for the sub-item Picture > Picture Mode. But cant actually select Picture Mode to change it. Or cant scroll down to Picture > Expert Settings since it is the menu item under Picture Mode. I cant factory reset the TV either - because I cant access the settings to do so. I tried a version through the e-manual which takes you there directly - but then can't scroll left to select 'Yes' when asked if I want to reset even though until then, the left scroll button has not been an issue.

userSuNuNieok5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Through remote assistance.

0 Likes
userN6WG69rDvd
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have exactly the same problem. How do you end up doing the reset? I can't use the down arrow in the settings submenu anywhere. Down arrows does work elsewhere in the UI. I tried using Bixby, but got stuck at the second confirmation, where I can not go left do pick confirm.

fyi, software version 1356 on a R60R

userSuNuNieok5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We were able to get Samsung chat to remote assist and factory reset for us. It was the third time we used the chat - the first guy just told me I needed to return the TV to the store and was no help at all. So keep asking till someone is willing to remote into your TV and reset. However, the guy who was doing it said he was having the same issue for a bit too so it wasnt easy for him. You should also look into if they have a physical reset on the actual TV if that doesnt work like the moderator up top said. Also - I suggest not using the app since I think its causing it. Good luck.

KoalaUltraman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userSuNuNieok5 wrote:

We were able to get Samsung chat to remote assist and factory reset for us. It was the third time we used the chat - the first guy just told me I needed to return the TV to the store and was no help at all. So keep asking till someone is willing to remote into your TV and reset. However, the guy who was doing it said he was having the same issue for a bit too so it wasnt easy for him. You should also look into if they have a physical reset on the actual TV if that doesnt work like the moderator up top said. Also - I suggest not using the app since I think its causing it. Good luck.

Yes! I did try remote assistance while I was on Samsung Chat Support. Problem is when I got to the "Acknowledgement Agreement" screen I cannot Agree and Accept with the Ok button. Not being able to do that I couldn't advance to the next screen to provide a PIN number for Remote Assistance to access my TV.

How could this work since the remote's "Up", "Down", and "Ok" buttons don't correspond anymore after you're past the 2nd or 3rd tier of sub-menu?

As a last resort, tried to update back to an older Firmware through USB. Thought this would work. Plugged in USB drive in the back of TV, open Support > Update>, picked to update from USB and final step to select "Ok" then the "Ok" button doesn't work from there.  Arghhhhhh!!!!

This is making me insane now. I cannot change any settings on my TV like I used to. I suspect this happened after TV auto updated to Firmware to 1292.

-_-

KoalaUltraman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm experiencing the same problem. I couldn't access the Remote Access for Chat Support to reset my tv. (55NU8000 series).

Once I got to the remote access screen, it wouldn't respond to OK button to confirm so that I could advance to the next screen to provide a PIN number for the service rep to remotely access my tv.

Is there any way to do a hardware reset of my tv? Or even backward - reverse my firmware to an older version?

I am totally out of ideas now. Did cold reset (hold on power button for 10-20 seconds) while tv on, unplug tv from power outlet for 20-30 seconds, paired remote to TV couple times, took batteries out of remote for 20-30 seconds pressed all buttons then reinstalled batteries, etc.

Argh!!!!!!!  This is not supposed to happen to TVs!!!!  Smart TV is not so smart after all!!!!!!!!!!!!  

userSuNuNieok5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I agree this is incredibly annoying. I would love to use the app but Im scared of messing it up again. The factory reset is the only thing we found that works - I would ask if there is a way to maually do a hard factory reset, or keep trying remote assistance until someone can help you do the factory reset remotely. If you see my previous commment, it took 3 tries until someone agreed to remote assist us and were able to help. Wish Samsung would get this fixed - for an expensive TV its incredibly glitchy. 

Solution
usermiSUcPeRmj
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I know this is really old and I'm not sure if people you're still trying to figure it out, but I finally figured it out! 

https://www.wikihow.com/Reset-a-Samsung-TV#:~:text=How%20do%20I%20reset%20my,on%20at%20the%20power%2... 

I used method 3. I had to hit the mute button a few times but finally it gave me a menu on the top left corner of my TV. I selected Options and then it gave me the option for Factory Reset which I did and finally I was able to scroll up and down on my submenus again. Hopefully it helps you or anyone else that runs into this problem in the future. Had 4 different samsung reps try and help me to no avail: they all thought it was a remote problem. Couldn't click the "I Agree" on the remote terms and conditions like you. Took two months to finally sort this out! Hope it helps

user7hgaz5BTZk
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same with my TV Q70R. It's the 3rd time i need to reset. This time not possible to reset due to menu usage only horizontal :-(. I called german support and they offer me call back in 4 days with a fix appointment. All support agents are occupied the next days with other cases.

0 Likes
user7hgaz5BTZk
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

reset by remote technician done. Problem solved.

0 Likes
userYaVmtPe1ub
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
How?
0 Likes