JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The Samsung remote wont scroll up or down in the settings sub-menu!

(Topic created: 06-18-2020 05:21 AM)
userSuNuNieok5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Im using the Samsung smart remote that came with The Frame. Ive made sure its successfully paired - done the thing where you press the return and pause button to confirm. The TV light does blink every time I press it but will not actually complete the function. Ive changed the batteries as well - and since the light is flashing on the remote I dont think its a remote thing. Just to clarify - all the buttons (up, down, left, right) appear to work everywhere else - in Apps and in all other TV functions which makes me think it isnt the TV remote sensor either. It is only when I click on Settings that it will let me scroll up/down on the main settings menus on the left sidebar, and move right once to the first of the sub-menu items, but wont actually let me select the sub-menu item or scroll down to other items. So for instance I can go to Settings > Picture. And then scroll right for the sub-item Picture > Picture Mode. But cant actually select Picture Mode to change it. Or cant scroll down to Picture > Expert Settings since it is the menu item under Picture Mode. I cant factory reset the TV either - because I cant access the settings to do so. I tried a version through the e-manual which takes you there directly - but then can't scroll left to select 'Yes' when asked if I want to reset even though until then, the left scroll button has not been an issue.

userYaVmtPe1ub
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

How?

0 Likes
user7AujUTV0R9
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

how did you fix this problem. I am experiencing the same issue.

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
userLXOUestgZ8
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same problem, I have reset the TV 2 times and a technician connected remotely to reset it, it did not work, I still have the same problem, I have version 1356.2. Come on Samsung, this is not a nuclear reactor, it is a smart tv, as a programmer, this type of error is embarrassing. Fix this problem soon that I can't use my tv properly. For all those who ask how to reset the smart tv, there is a trick to access the hidden menu, download one of those applications for cell phones (look for samsung remote control), with the tv turned off, press MUTE 1 8 2 power button, it goes to open an advanced menu (be careful not to touch anything), there the control works well, in one of the menus the possibility of resetting the TV appears.

Options
QLED and The Frame

For those experiencing the issue, do you also have the TV added on the SmartThings App  as well?

Does the problem occur every time?

0 Likes
userLXOUestgZ8
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

The problem is that once the TV has been reset, I can only initialize it through SmarThings, with the remote control, on the Wi-Fi configuration screen, the menu does not work and does not allow me to advance.

0 Likes
userLXOUestgZ8
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I answer myself, I did the factory reset through the hidden menu (above I mention how to access) and I made sure that the SmartThings application is turned off on my cell phone and now I can access all the settings. I am sure the problem is SmartThings.

KoalaUltraman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can you do that with just the Samsung included remote? I cannot even set up my Smarthub now because yesterday I tried to reset my Smarthub thinking it is not possible anyway, but it did!  Why it works??? So after doing that, same problem as before, I cannot select Ok or go into any other submenu to Setup Smarthub again, since it's been reset.

Now I'm stuck with a TV that is not a Smart TV anymore. Can only watch my Bluray and Over-The-Air tv only. All Apps has disappeared. Can't even access internet browsernas well.

So I think this will be my last Samsung TV if it cannot be fixed. I will have to tell my entire Asian community in NY about this too.

0 Likes
userLXOUestgZ8
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

No, with the control that comes with the TV (at least with The Frame model, which does not have numbers) you cannot access the hidden menu, but there are a lot of remote control applications for cell phones, download any, or you can try use a samsung remote control of another model.

KoalaUltraman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Oh, so it works with any universal IR remote?  Or it has to be a Samsung (Bluetooth I assume) remote with numbers?

0 Likes
userLXOUestgZ8
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

It would have to work with a universal remote control, do the test.

0 Likes