cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Turn on home theatre using Samsung Q80R

I have same issue now with my new Samsung QE55Q70.

I have DENON AVR X2200W and with one remote i can turn off all devices, but when turning on, TV won`t turn on DENON receiver. I can turn it on if i choose in tv setting to use HDMI AUDIO and not TV speakers.... So it seems that everytime i turn off devices, TV switches to TV speakers and when turning on it won`t switch to HDMI audio...

I had no problem on my old Samsung UE55H7000...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have a Samsung E6730 surround sound Blu-ray player connected up to HDMI CEC and lately it's only 50% of the time that the surround sound system turns on with my TV. 

I bet this is a Samsung bug.

@userUSYR4tcTw6 wrote:

I completely agree with this post. HDMI-CEC is an industry standard protocol but Samsung's software implementation is terrible. I too have the same issue. It's not only denon receivers but yamaha receivers as well. I have a sony TV that I replaced with a Samsung TV and my 1080p Sony works fine. I can turn on the TV and my yamaha receiver will automatically turn on as well. Sometimes the Samsung TV doesn't switch to the correct HDMI port like a blu-ray player when you turn it on,  I have to manually go to the receiver and select the input source which practically defeats the purpose of HDMI-CEC. It's just not making sense!! I hope Samsung will issue a software fix to all these issues. I tried all the troubleshooting I can imagine but nothing works. Just wondering if all Samsung TV's are CEC certified maybe not.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same receiver (Denon AVR-S750H) and a 7 series TV. 

I can work...for a while. Strangely, if I go through the hassle of resetting the tv, then poof! everything works as it should! But, after some period of time, I am mysteriously back to having the Anynet+ only able to turn off the reciever. So, because it works until it fails, I have concluded it is a problem, and it is a problem with Samsung. Internet research has confirmed this with many other complaints.

Samsung? Any answers? Dissapointed...

Constellation

I have the same exact issue. What I don't understand is that how am I able to see the fire tv cube content on the Samsung q80r when the demon recover isn't even on when I use Samsung universal remote to turn it on. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

The Denon (and other receivers as well) has a passive HDMI pass-through mode.  Basically, the HDMI switch operates even though the unit is in standby mode.  I see the same behavior with my Roku and Nintendo Switch- the Denon responds to HDMI-CEC commands to switch inputs and will pass data through, even though it's not "on" and driving the speakers.

So, there's still the issue of the Samsung TV not turning on the Denon, which remains annoying.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Issue is not only Yamaha and Denon. 

I have Marantz AV amp with HDMI linked to TV (Q80R) 

The TV will turn off the AMP but it does not turn on when the TV does. 

The SAT/Cable box still works with the smart remote even when the amp is off. 

I can't turn on the AMP unless I go into settings and mess about in there. Which is defeating the object of having a smart remote to use with all your devices. 

There was never a problem with my aging LG tv! TV on AMP on, TV off AMP off. Change source AMP changed Source!

I have already had to swap out the TV due to the diagonal lines being present at all times on the screen. 

Given that I have already had to go signifficantly out of my way (and may need to again) to sort out one issue, I would at least like a response from a Samsung moderator

NOT an excuse about 'no promise of compatability'. The remote will change volume etc so is proven that the link is there. 

PROVIDE and acknowledgment of the issue. 

GIVE a solution or a confirmation that it is being looked into. 

Many thanks in anticipation of a response out of courtesy to your customers. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem as everyone here. Seems to clearly be a Samsung problem as other have stated. It's annoying AF. Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Highlighted
Constellation

It was working fine with my Sony -dn1060 and my 65" curved tv  but then last week I updated the FW and it hasn't worked right since then.

Highlighted
Constellation

I’ve just spent £6000 on a new Samsung tv all built into a wall in a new house. My Amp is in a coms  room and guess what... when I turn my tv on it won't turn the amp on!!! This is disgusting Samsung.... I've tried with two other LG tv's and yeap... they work just fine. 

how much do customers have to spend to get a very basic function to work that's been around for years?? 
fix this now.. don't blame everyone else. 

if this isn't fixed within next few weeks I'll be making this fault viral to all the home audio media (magazines, review websites and review websites)

sort it out and acknowledge when you HAVE!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.