cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Turn on home theatre using Samsung Q80R

What I found out accidentally is in your Samsung tv remote go to the settings and click on the TV icon it will show a program tv being televised than if you have a Ruko remote turn on the home button than you will see that it will recognize your Denon receiver on the top of the tv screen, my tv is a Q80R Samsung, this seems to work every time, good luck🙂

Highlighted
Asteroid

OK, I have the Q80R and a Roku.  Using the Roku remote does activate the Roku, will turn on the TV, and even switch the Denon's input, but it will not actually turn on the Denon.  Does this actually turn on the Denon for you?

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes it does turn on the Denon receiver after going to settings on the tv and entering The tv icon it will show a program and than pressed the home button on the ruko remote and you will see the receiver on the top tv and your good to go

Highlighted
Constellation

So one needs a Roku becuase that, not the Samsung, is turning the AVR on.

If one turns the TV off, it shuts off the AVR.  If one truns on the TV, it does not turn on the AVR.  So go out and spend money for a Roku?

And it would help readers' understanding if the one who discovered that one needs a Roku to go through more than one step to turn on the AVR would use punctuation.

Constellation

Ok here is what I found. I have a Denon S540 receiver connected to the ARC HDMI on a Samsung Q6 tv.

If the last tv source I use is through the Denon receiver (for instance: a Firestick connected to the Media Player HDMI port on the receiver) and I turn it off, it "will not" turn on the next time I turn on my tv.

If the last tv source that I use is not connected through the Denon receiver,  (for instance: Directv connected to the HDMI 2 port of the tv or Netflix app on the tv) when I turn the tv off, then the receiver "will" turn on the next time I turn on the tv.

So my solution was to use the tv's HDMI inputs for my Firestick, Xbox and Directv. The audio on all the sources including tv apps still runs through the Denon receiver (ARC).

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here!

Got my new Q80 (moved from 5 y.old LG).

Turning off the TV, also shuts my Denon x4500 off, but when turning the TV On, it does not turns On my receiver.

Although, i am able, manually, turn On the Denon via TV...all needed is just to choose sound output as Receiver (HDMI).

Note: my LG toggled Denon ON/OFF automatically withou any issue.

Highlighted

Here's the way HDMI-CEC was designed to work. Turn on your source device, like a DVD player and it will turn on your TV and receiver and switch the receiver to the correct input. Turn off your TV, and it is supposed to turn off connected devices. This all depends on all devices have HDMI-CEC turned on and that all those devices meet the HDMI-CEC standards. They may not, of course.

This all works for me. All except for my Comcast Xfinity cable box. At one time, a couple of years ago, Comcast had a beta HDMI-CEC set up, but that disappeared sometime last year.

When I turn on my AppleTV4 box, it all works. When I turn on my Oppo BluRay player, it works. But, as for cable tv... no way. I have to turn on my receiver, which turns my Samsung tv on, and select the correct input. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same problem connecting a Qled Q80R to a Yamaha HTR-4071 receiver.

Setup works automatically, Anynet+ is turned on, CEC is turned on at receiver side...

But it never turns on with the TV, always have to turn the receiver on manually.

It does shut off, and changes volume... so the connection is set up and working.

I had a 4y old Sony Bravia TV before which worked perfectly with the same receiver settings... 

It's very irritating that a newer generation, more expensive Samsung TV doesn't work, and Samsung doesn't seem to care about fixing this problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

Well this is frustrating - I am having the same issue. If I just turn on my 82" Q70T (BRAND NEW 2020 SAMSUNG) - the receiver will not turn on automatically. I have to actually select the receiver as an input for it to turn on (or select HMDI-ARC in sound settings) . Receiver is Denon AVR-S750H.

It's an inconvenience that we should not be experiencing when purchasing flagship devices. I would have gone with a different brand had I known this. Can Samsung at least acknowledge this issue? There has to be a software fix for this.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try turning on Anynet+.

Press the Home button on your Samsung Smart Control, to access the Home Screen.

Using the directional pad on your remote, navigate to and select Settings.

Select System.

Select Expert Settings.

Select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC).

Select On.

Connect an HDMI-CEC-compliant device to the TV.

Turn on the connected external device.  The device is automatically connected to the TV.  After the connection is finished, you can access the menu of the connected device on your TV screen using your TV remote and control the device. 

Note: The connecting process can take up to 2 minutes to complete. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.