cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Turn on home theatre using Samsung Q80R

Just purchased a brand new Q80T and it has the exact same problem. Turning off the TV will turn off the receiver ( Denon AVR-S960H ), but turning on the TV does not turn on the receiver.

Its a shame to see this issue has been on going for over a year now. 

Cosmic Ray

My experience - Apple TV (ATV) connected by HDMI to a 2020 Q70T. When I first bought the TV, it was able to turn on the ATV no problem when I turned the TV on and switched to the ATV input. Every time.

Recently, this stopped working - the Q70T will no longer turn on the ATV, and when the HDMI connection to the ATV times out, the Q70T offers to turn it on with a selection on the screen using the remote, which seems to work. So, it offered to do the power on step separately. This means the TV appears to have the capability. I never had to do this before. This seemed to happen after the ATV was updated to tvOS14.

There has been talk that Apple updated the CEC such that now it won't power on with a CEC signal, and Samsung needs to update their CEC support.

Yes, CEC is a standard. But standards change and have versions.

Constellation

Hi all I stumbled across this thread when my TV stopped turning my new Sony DH790 receiver on. It's turns off just fine when I turn off the TV. Well it started working ok again after I toggled the cec control off and on the Samsung TV it's a q6 from 2019 with the lasted firmware. That's the only thing I tried. It was quite annoying and I had resigned myself to it not working but seems ok for the moment. Cheers

Constellation

I was excited to read that someone was able to get it to work, but when I did this it still defaulted to the TV speakers and did not turn on my Denon amp.   

Astronaut

Same problem here ... I have an RU7100 and the TV does not turn on the Samsung F5525wk Receiver when I turn on the TV, it just turns off. I tried several configurations and was only able to make it work by connecting the cable TV receiver directly to the TV and sending the sound to the Home Theater via HDMI ARC, but that way I can't make Dolby on the TV channels work. I had to configure this setting at the moment, but it is very bad to see that Samsung does not care about this problem, they have been around for a few years and so far have not released a firmware fix to fix this. I will wait for the black friday and exchange for an LG.

Constellation

Ok, so I've got something that is working for at leat 24 hours...I don't think I read this as a suggested solution so far so here you go:

On the Denon Receiver settings go to Video and set HDMI control to OFF, you will need to keep ARC ON.

On the Denon Receiver settings go to General - Eco then set Main Zone to sleep or standby after desired time (I've only tried 60mins so far, but I set it to 15 eventually).

Now, when you power off your Samsung your Denon will not turn off...but it will after the desired sleep time. 

Hopefully your receiver will have the same effect as mine:  Every time I turn on my Samsung Q7 now the Denon powers right up...no need to leave your receive on at all times!

Constellation

I have the same problem. My av receiver worked well with my Sony TV, but with my new Samsung TU7020 it won't turn the av receiver on. But once turned on manually, the volume and turning off works. Very annoying.
Come on Samsung! please fix this.

Constellation

Does anyone have a Receiver that will turn ON and off with a Samsung QLED Q8DT 75 inch TV?  I have a Denon AVR 1913 and it wont turn on.  Once you turn it on it works correctly just as others have described.  So, I went out and boutght a new Yamaha TSR-700 (my wife was really happy about that) and it does exactly the same thing.  This is ridculous.  My 8 year old Sharp TV worked with my Denon perfectly.  I can't believe I spent over $2,000 on a TV and then had to pay to have it installed and it doesn't work with a receiver.  I have been chatting with Samsung for an hour and they are nice but no help.  If someone has a receiver that works please share..    Thanks!

I have the same problem. My av receiver worked well with my Sony TV, but with my new Samsung TU7020 it won't turn the av receiver on. But once turned on manually, the volume and turning off works. Very annoying.
Come on Samsung! please fix this.

Astronaut

I had this problem on my Samsung Q60 QLED TV and my Denon AVR-X4500H.  I had to go into setting,Sound, Expert Settings, and make sure I had Digital output Audio Format set to Dolby Digital. If I had it set to Dolby Digital Plus or PCM, my

receiver would not turn on when I power up my Samsung TV. Such a bizarre thing that would cause my receiver not to power up!