Original topic:

Tv turning off and on by itself

(Topic created on: 3/19/21 5:41 PM)
userQiSWJJp6NV
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I’m extremely upset with Samsung and my tv turning off and on repeatedly. I spent $2499 on my 75” Q80t QLED tv. This is my fourth Samsung tv and we have enjoyed all of them until this one. This issue started out almost immediately after we purchased our TV. I shrugged it off as I read online it will sometimes do it.

A couple of months go by and my wife is watching tv. She turns it off and goes upstairs. I come home and turn on the tv and there is a green and black line running through the tv vertically and horizontally. I asked her what happened and she said the tv was perfectly fine when she turned it off. I should have contacted Samsung immediately after that but put it off and now the lines have grown into thick black lines. We have never had an impact on this tv.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, tv turning off by itself and turning back on only to do that again 4-5 more times in a row is an everyday occurrence. I make a call to Samsung to get this issue fixed. They send someone out and they tell me that issue won’t be fixed since they believe there is a crack in the tv even though this issue has been going on since we purchased the tv. The tv now will not even stay on at all and is completely useless. I’ve called to complain again and they send someone else out to only say the same thing they said last time. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Options
Qled and Frame
They believe there's a crack? Or there is a crack? If there's no sign of physical damage, I don't understand why they'd even use that term. If there is a crack, it'll be hard to prove that the other problems weren't caused by that damage. In any case, once a technician puts notes on your account, anyone you call for support is going to read that back to you over and over and over. What you can try though is calling and trying to request a different technician from a different place for a second opinion (saying that the 1st is claiming a crack even though there isn't).
0 Likes