Original topic:

Unable to view Home Video using Apple Airplay

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 09:04 AM)
user9UYNlgYgz7
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Trying to air play from iPad to Samsung 65” Class Q90T Series QLED 4K UHD.

Connection works and I'm able to view iPad screen, but when trying to screen mirror  a Home Video from Apple TV App  I get error message "This video is in a format that can't be streamed to this TV".

The video is 1080P format.

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello! I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Have you tried to use another video to see if it work? You may be using the wrong format like Avi, Mp4, etc. With my personal experience, I have a different manufactured television and have similar experience. So this may just be an airplay issue, not a Samsung one. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user9UYNlgYgz7
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Thanks very much for your reply!

These are all Home Video's created through Apple Photos they are m4v files.  I am able to play them on my iPad and could previously mirror to a previous TV.  I have also tried the Apple TV App available on the Samsung TV, but that does not support playing my Library containing the Home Video's/Slide Shows only purchased movies.

Do you have any suggestions?

Is there a way to convert m4v files?  What format does Samsung recognize?

Thanks again for any help/suggestions.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

You're very welcome!!! The only way you can convert the files is through a third party software unfortunately, Samsung doesn't have anything to assist with that. I do apologize again. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user9UYNlgYgz7
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

What file formats does Samsung support?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I’m sorry I don’t have an exact list available however maybe some of our community members can chime in what formats work the best for them. 

0 Likes