JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Uploading more than 100 pictures to The Frame TV

(Topic created: 07-08-2020 12:01 PM)
userTogRYgvTwa
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have purchased a 75" The Frame TV last week, hoping to see all my photos in Art Mode. But after playing around with the TV I have realized it has only 500mb memory, so my questions are,

1. is there a way to increase or add more memory to the TV

2. is there a way to display the photos on a USB drive in "ART Mode" without saving to the Frame TV

3. I have 1000 of Photos, How can I display those in ART Mode?

Thank you

15 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

I will be happy to help with your questions. You will not be able to add internal memory to the television. You absolutely can display art from a USB or external drive. I do not know what the upper limit is on creating a collection, but you can make multiple collections, and display them at different times. There is more information on using art mode in this Frame User Guide.

userTogRYgvTwa
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

The issue is not solved, there is no information on how to display art from USB Drive without saving to the Frame TV. The TV has only 500mb memory, after saving 40 images, it shows the memory is full, but still shows 260mb balance memory

0 Likes
userjjJhMlInOd
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

No was on the phone to them about uploading one single photo, the system does not display art or photos on the either of the usb drives I have tried. Every time you even preview art from the store that you have subscribed to it eats into memory!

0 Likes
Skynet01
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Except you can't ... can you point me where in this "User Guide" it says you can see your collection from the USB memory or where we can have multiple collections?

userOeooioIFmC
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did you ever get a link?

0 Likes
Shurikus2020
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello Lou,

I'm afraid the proposed solution does not address the internal memory problem, as in still requires free memory to be available on the TV itself in order to upload the pictures from USB/Phone into the TV.   The internal memory of the TV is being consumed by "something" (in my case a fresh reset to factory settings still leaves me with only 18% of free memory for EVERYTHING), and it appears that the Ambient Mode might be leaking memory, as after even a single use of that feature the available memory shrinks down to around 120-160MB and not being reclaimed in any way.

It would be an appropriate solution to:
1. Fix the memory leak

2. Allow support for consuming the photos for the Art Display directly from the USB drive, so that no internal memory in the TV is being consumed

user54GISICBsK
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This "solution" is complete rubbish. There is no way to display art directly off a USB storage device. You must use the clumsy interface to individually add or remove photos from the internal storage. 

Really, a two thousand dollar digital picture frame that can't display photos off of USB storage??? That's ludicrously bad.

userYjqxW4ov8S
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This problem is not solve. The Frame just can't do it. 

I gave it back to the shop and looking for some other better products. 

0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userTogRYgvTwa @userOeooioIFmC @Skynet01 @userjjJhMlInOd 

Hi friends, hope you are doing well. The manual for the Frame has the following:

Import images from an external storage device

1. Connect an external storage device that contains images to the TV.

2. Use the directional buttons on the remote control to move to My Collection, and then move to the connected external storage device.

3. Use the directional buttons on the remote control to move to Save to My Photos at the top of the screen, and then press the Select button.

4. Use the directional buttons on the remote control to move to an image, and then press the Select button. – You can select multiple images.

5. Use the directional buttons on the remote control to move to Save Selection at the top of the screen, and then press the Select button.

6. The selected image or images are saved in My Photos.

You can also show photos from your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/the-frame-uploading-personal-photos-and-art-store-...

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!

Note: notification emails sent from this post are from a DO NOT REPLY address. You will need to login to the Samsung Community to respond to this thread.
0 Likes