Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user84L0mheEqp
Asteroid

Vertical lines on 75inch q7f

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I bought an open box q7f 75inch from Best Buy and had to exchange it because it had about 8 vertical lines that were different brightness levels. I got my new one last Friday and it has the same issues. It's very noticeable when watching sports, or when something is in motion. I attached a picture,but it's really hard to see without seeing it in person. The open box version was supposedly never used but when I turned it on it had been (someone's router was already programed to the network feature). So I thought maybe it was defective, and when I went to Best Buy they told me it's not supposed to look like that. Well, now the NEW TV looks the same. Is this normal? Does it have something to do with the backlight or do I just happen to have back to back defective TV's??? Either way, I'm not a fan. This is my first Samsung TV and I want to love it! After dropping 4k on it, I expect it to not have vertical lines all over the screen. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch q7f

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user84L0mheEqp: Send us a private message with your model and serial number.  Honestly repairs would be recommended if this shows on all sources and in the picture test. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

260 REPLIES 260
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this across all sources?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user84L0mheEqp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Less noticable in 4k videos but more noticeable with anything with motion or brighter all one color screens like a soccer field etc.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mind providing us a picture of the symptom? 

user84L0mheEqp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20170807_224400.jpg

20170807_224202.jpgThis is from a YouTube video to test your TV. I also played it on a different tv just to make sure it wasn't the video

20170712_214352.jpg

20170712_214322.jpg

Keep in mind the soccer one is very hard to tell, I had to get into some menu screens just to show some examples. It's very hard for my camera to pick up the shades of the bars when a screen is in motion. Tomorrow I can take some new ones as these are from the first tv, however the new one has the same issues as the first regardless.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you try it on the picture test? I'm not quite sure I see what you're referring to.

user84L0mheEqp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes I will do it tomorrow when I get off work. Thank you.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome, please keep us posted. 

Knaub
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same tv and notice the same thing. I think what we are seeing is color banding. There's another thread here discussing it a few pages back. Some noticed an improvement with a firmware update, some say it is not as bad with 4k HDR 10 video. I don't think I saw this issue before the latest firmware update, but not positive - all I know is now that I've noticed it, I have a really hard time not noticing it, can be pretty prominent in solid white colors, clouds, snow, etc. I see it on all sources, and even on the menu system, as well as video from built in apps like amazon YouTube Netflix plex etc. On my screen, it looks yellowish down the whole middle of the screen...

user84L0mheEqp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. Now I don't feel as nuts.