cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch q7f

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message with your full model and serial number. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

LPAPAD2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went through the excruciating process of using Samsung Support  - they had someone come out to service the TV.  The technician didnt even try to fix it saying there was clearly a problem with the TV and he'd report it back.  He took pictures of the lines/spotlights coming through, listed off a few issues that it could be (none of which were software) and saif he'd report it back to Samsung.   A few days later, I call Samsung for an update (naturally, they didnt provide one on their own) and I was told the ticket was "closed."   The reason it was closed is because Samsung deemed that the TV was working properly "within its specs" and then just randomly threw in a statement that its problably messed up because I was watching in Dynamic mode.   I never watched in dynamic mode (looks awful), they completely just made that up, and even if I was, it still makes no sense!  Did they create a mode that ruins TV's and then blame it on that mode!?   Also, if broken = within the specs then it should be advertised as broken!  Anyways - luckily for me, my TV was within its return period so I was able to send it back and switch to a Sony Z9D.   Im still bitter about it because I always try and stick to my brands and this is the first time ever I've had such a terrible experience that I'd never go back.   Sony may be more expensive but I'd rather pay more for a better picture and piece of mind! I'd suggest you all do the same, youre spending thousands of dollars, get the quality you are paying for.  So long, Samsung

wardo5757
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just want to add, this problem is not specific to the QLED panels. 

2 weeks ago I bought the 6000 series, brought it back because the lines made me think the TV was broken, I got a replacement 6000, same issue.  I am a loyal Samsung patron, so I upgraded to the 8000 series, same issue but not as bad as the 6000.  So, because of my loyalty I decided to upgrade to the 9000 series, certianly that one would be vertical line free, nope.   The 9000 has worse lines and shaded areas than the 8000 but not as bad as the 6000.

Everything else about this TV is perfect, the picture is so vibrant and gorgeous it makes my mouth water.  However, watching sports, football, racing or the Word Series kicking off tonight, the lines are so distracting when panning, it makes it hard to watch TV.  

I simply cannot believe this big of a fault made it to the buyers, and from what I've read here, this is affecting the 65" TV's also?  

userjB92IsrZVV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I should probably add that I eventually replaced my 75" Q7F with Sony ZD9/Z9D. This FALD backlight TV has practically no vertical lines problem, and although it certainly isn't flawless in the regard of "clouding" or "dirty screen effect", this effect is well below the threshold of being an annoyance unless one specifically focuses on finding the effect on it. In the end, the it was about 10% more expensive than Q7F, which is in my opinion peanuts.

The sad part is that Q7F is more or less superior to ZD9 in every other way except backlight (that is, uniformity, brightness and local dimming). I can only assume Samsung isn't actually seriously interested of the market of 75+" televisions on Q series and has them on the catalog just to bring in customers for the smaller sizes. As I said earlier, every large Q series telly I have seen on shops, especially if I have been provided to look at it on my own material, seems to suffer from this horrendous backlight uniformity issue, and no Samsung representative seems to think it's a defect. From a customer perspective, this is quite a puzzling attitude!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Knaub: We're glad that you're back enjoying football again Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useriMIk1pFhJI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just bought a QE49QLED and I am noticing the vertical banding. I see people are talking about updates, mine is currently on 1137. Moderator can you assist please? 

userC9BiVxCbG9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Software does not fix this! This is the biproduct of a cost cutting measure at Samsung, and is a quality issue across the board. Even worse, is the typical corporate response from a company that no longer has the end user's satisfaction in mind, but instead operates in the world of units sold and stock price.  A shame, after having what I can only describe as the most perfect 3D plasma screen that was ever on the market. Mine is still working as well as the day I bought it.

My experience was very similar to that of Wardo. I bought a 6000, but had issue. During my phone call  with Samsung, he actually slipped and told me that that particular unit wasn't even a 4K display. So, being a Samsung loyalist, I decided to go for it and buy a 9000 series, but imagine my disgust upon powering up, to find a worse issue from what I had with the 6000. This was after a 2 month back and forth with several different service companies and numerous Samsung reps.

I was going to try my luck at another 9000, but after reading this thread, I don't think I'll spend my time to go through the paces. I'll be looking for another TV by a different manufacturer, tomorrow... Sadly.

userORqZLFjYPi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ditto here. Same issue I have found with mine. This doesn't look like a coincidence but maybe a flaw in the tv manufacturing. It is noticeable across all sources and nothing has worked to change or repair it. Samsung rep even said its common with cable channels but not as much with HDR content. Feel ripped off for paying ad much ad I did for this tv. 75" Q7. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userORqZLFjYPi, if you'd like for us to look into it, please send us a private message: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

userjANBYLZBWH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've the same issue on q7f bought two days ago in Luxembourg....

Spoiler
Smiley Sad