cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryxFJfPUzfz
Constellation

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch mu8000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just curious if anyone has discovered a resolution to this without switching TV's. I am experiencing the same issue, most noticable on the DirecTV 4k channel while watching the world cup, but it is also present on other sources.

Thanks.

user7JyDTNbM1p
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue when my TV shows Greys.  Grey streaks on the left and right side of screen.  Can’t believe such an expensive TV would look so bad after 4 months!!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ user7JyDTNbM1p I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please send a Private Message here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F with the full model and serial numbers of the television as well as any sample pictures of the symptom?

userBtBANqjD2q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model code un75mu6300

serial <Hidden>

softwear version T-Ktmakuc1210.8 , BT-s

user1WtkXDtcv5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userBtBANqjD2q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And yes all sources. Even the test picture of the beach in the TVs settings.

userZrCWCaMf0Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give up on it. I even tried getting a new set and it was the exact same thing. I finally switched to a backlit Sony TV and it works great. Such a frustrating experience with this Samsung model. 

usertR9RIwyB86
Constellation

Same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here in Israel, technicians from the local Samsung reseller here "does not see the issue" or claim "this is normal", quite unbelieveable. Already had 3 technicians over. This is a $7k TV - Samsung help!!!

IMG_4244IMG_8238IMG_8359IMG_1146IMG_0988IMG_4783IMG_3433

Highlighted
Knaub
Galaxy

Re: Same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Full model of my tv: QN75Q7FAMFXZCPQ

I will add my pictures too. These are taken from within the menu system and not from other sources or inputs. Mostly noticeable in gray and white backgrounds. Also, the middlemost line on my tv is kinda yellowish, all the time. It's quite prominent when watching football, and that is pretty much a deal-breaker for me.

Does Samsung have an official answer to this yet? Does it only affect certain TVs? Is this normal behavior? Can it be fixed? I need something to give me hope, that I don't have to take this tv back for a different one. It's really too bad the panel on my KS9000 died after 6 months, I was much happier with that tv.

userjB92IsrZVV
Asteroid

Re: Same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another extremely unhappy customer here from Finland. My week-old 75" Q7F (firmware version 1124, I guess that's fresh for multilingual televisions) exhibits the problem in a very similar way as described in earlier comments.

I went to check on stores how Q7F panels perform. One I had most freedom to play with, a 55" version, definitely had this issue under control; the backlight was not perfectly uniform but there were no narrow bands like ones that are almost impossible not to see in a very distracting manner on lots of material on my 75" panel. I also looked at a promo material setup on 65" panel on another shop - although it seems Samsung avoids horizontal pans like a plague (maybe there's a reason?), I couldn't really spot a hint of banding there. I also checked out a previous-generation 75" Samsung panel with demo material on the same shop - horizontal pans were again suspiciously absent, but I could say with reasonable confidence that lightness and colour uniformity on blue-sky scenes was vastly superior in comparison to my panel.

The issue is so bad that I immediately see both intensity and colour deviations simply by opening larger built-in menu screens. This means that it's pointless to color-calibrate this panel, and thus have any sort of confidence on content reproduction. It's like constantly looking content through a thin veil.

Local Samsung representative opened the discussion with claiming that vertical banding is a "feature" in large television panels. (It doesn't seem to be a feature on many of their own panels I observed yesterday.) Do they think I paid to enjoy this feature? Should I be thankful to enjoy this feature? If so, I do definitely return the set and buy from a vendor that takes engineering and customer complaints seriously. Even if it costs me more.

A little artificial photo of the issue is attached to show mainly the form of these bands, if not exactly how they occur on typical material, ignore the room reflections on the left.