cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBeaJuf58ge
Constellation

Re: Same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung UK has a new 1141 firm. I have try it and now I see less banding. But it's still there. 

userjB92IsrZVV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am unaware of method to update my multilingual model to this firmware. Apparently both Samsung user support and local service center don't know what customer service means. (A hint to them: I paid 5000+ euros, I'm the customer to serve, not you.) I give them Friday to prove me wrong before cancelling my deal and moving to a non-Korean manufacturer. Playing dead is not an option.

Knaub
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Stopped in to Best Buy and looked at the q7 and q9, the same vertical lines were apparent on both sets. With no word from Samsung on this, I'm hoping this issue can be fixed. I don't even like watching my 3 month old q7 anymore. Trying to not let this topic die till we get an answer.

userjB92IsrZVV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Finland considers it a "feature", Samsung Service (de facto repair shop for their TVs) considers it unfixable beyond a firmware update - which didn't help. I also went to see other Q series 75" panels on various shops and exhibitions, and although some of them are better on the sweet spot, they all rather prominently feature this issue (while it's not at all as visible on 55" models, for instance).

I have a certain competing manufacturer on my sights now. The problem is that testing a competing, latest-generation, proper 75" panel might demand crossing a time zone or two - but after this experience, I'm quite prepared for it.

Highlighted
Knaub
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dictionary.com

feature
[fee-cher]
noun
a prominent or conspicuous part or characteristic:
Tall buildings were a new feature on the skyline.
something offered as a special attraction:
This model has several added features.

Definitely prominent and conspicuous, but I wouldn't call it a special attraction.

userqwbSfihM5c
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue on a brand new set.   I'm going to return it to Best Buy and get the Sony or LG set.  4K for a new TV and have these issues.  Can someone from Samsung contact me in the next day or two?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userqwbSfihM5c: Shoot us a private message.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userjB92IsrZVV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just - sadly - stating: I'm returning my set to the dealer, thanks to local and transnational consumer protection frameworks which almost accidentally caused my purchase to be "remote sales" and gave me legal rights on a device which Samsung claims to be without a flaw. The sad part is that I loved the set in every other aspect - except the perceptual experience on vertical banding, and that this flaw seems to appear on all large-format Q series devices I've seen this far.

userBeaJuf58ge
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have made some test. Netflix, Marco Polo, season 1 episode 3 min. 00:14:00.

I can see the banding perfectly.

I have also check the panel switching off the TV. I can see a vertical line. The panel is defective. It seems like a little union between two panels.  I add pics.IMG_20170920_095631.jpg

IMG_20170919_224521.jpg

userlN1qO2QG4S
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here in Spain (Canary Islands). I have returned the Samsung Q7F (75") four times already. All the units have shown the same problem. Sometimes the screen is perfect for a day o two but bands start showing off sooner or later. The vertical band on the center of the screen is really annoying and has been identical on all four tested units. I have noticed that after rebooting the TV set the vertical bands disappear to sadly return shortly after. This fact makes me thinks of this issue being a software one, since it shouldn't disappear after resetting the TV if hardware was involved. I'm not an expert and maybe the problem can be both software and hardware issues. I would like to keep this TV, since I really love it. Unfortunately, those vertical bands are something I know for sure I won't be able to live with. At the moment I have two units at home. A really defective one that I am returning tomorrow and the best unit I have had so far (zero clouding and light bleeding), but vertical bands are really visible.

So after reading your complaints, it seems to be a general issue with Samsung's QLED series. What shoud we do? Is Samsung going to do something to both fix the problem and compensate all the trouble caused? Do we have to start looking at options like LG E7 OLED and Sony Bravia A1 OLED?

Please, Samsung, say something. It would be nice of you if you could say if this is something you can fix or not.