Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8C0Rr29PGr
Constellation

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch Q8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20180212_002224.jpg

I got this tv (Q7F) 19 days ago and today I am noticing this ugly giant vertical band. Samsung support apologized but said they can't replace and I will have to deal with this set :\  It's a disappointment that this is happening to a new TV; next time I will definitely consider LG/Sony (I've had great experience with them). I am filing a service request, but don't know what's going to happen to it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userGCf7DrHePs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just called Samsung support (Can) and a technician is to contact me soon. These stories on here are making me really regret my Samsung purchase mu9000 75inch. I was thinking Sony but got a great deal on my Samsung. 

I am really hoping they fix my issues vertical banding and a grey dot in center of screen.

Will update after as it's important we all share these issues.

Kevin

user80TRjFKLki
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got 65Q7C, i see couple lines, but they are not as prounced as some cases here, but I see a yellowish middle section of the screen. 

Im just wondering if there is a possibility that those lines will show up later? If so, I would consider replacing it with Sony TV, because I really am dissapointed in the quality..

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userGCf7DrHePs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the mu9000 75 inch and have the vertical lines and also like you explained the yellowish center. At this point with all the talk I wish I could get a refund as it seems this year's Samsung TVs have these issues. 

Called Samsung and they are sending technician.

I will keep you all updated as it will help us all.

Highlighted
userGCf7DrHePs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Without technician coming to check Samsung authorized panel replacement.

Let's hope it corrects all issues.

useruHJ24uXFBP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

19 days and they wouldn't fix it or replace it?!  That's outrageous!  I have noticed a little bit of "banding" or vertical shadows, but nothing to that extent.  I feel for you.

useruHJ24uXFBP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just thought I'd chime in and share the fact that I have the same problem with my set.  I've had it since November '17, so I don't know if it just started doing it lately or if I somehow didn't notice (or didn't WANT to notice) it.  This kind of thing is emmensely annoying and disheartening when everything you watch has this defect, especially knowing how much we paid for these sets.  It doesn't surprise me that Samsung is denying any problem, that's what they do when they have a systemic design flaw.  There is no fix, it's a problem with the way the panel is designed, and no amount of parts replacing or firmware updates will ever change it.  When I want to see a truly good picture, I go in the other room and watch my 13 year old DLP Samsung or my five year old Samsung 55" LCD.  Who would have thought that such an upgrade would end up being such a real downgrade?!  Maybe if the problem caused the panels to spontaneously combust we would get a solution, but short of that, thousands of Samsung owners have just been taken to the cleaners.  (As a note, the discussion board won't let me use the word <edited out>  I guess it knows what Samsung has done and is in the denial phase!)

-Disheartened in Dallas

userPgkaxP7hy4
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tech came out today and replaced the panel and power supply. My $3k 75 inch if tv is BACK!