cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOva1wvKmYh
Constellation

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch q7f

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was always under the impression that you should never run signal wires near power wires due to possible interference.

And yet, the "one connect wire has power and signal wires in the same cable?????

uservIYkPnqzS7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told the same thing, my first samsung tv have any issues in the last 10 years

userDDZbIkaqNA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same situation. I'm being harassed with continued service instead of replacement.  This started inside of warranty and had continued outside of warranty .  They seem to feel that gives them some power over me.  Tired of being run around and inconvenienced with poor mgmnt decision making skills when a simple return or exchange / upgrade would resolve the bulk of our tickets cheaper, faster and with higher sastisfaction rates.  But no, let's set up multiple repair visits, over months time, that fail, and pay 3rd party workers way more money for parts and shipping than simply an exchange....

fed up

userrB4UjYNaiU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I love how this thread is labeled "solved" lol I have the same TV and have the same issue. Obviously i'm out of warranty so im assuming they will do nothing, but i am shocked by the sheer number of users reporting this issue. if there is a class action option i would happily jump on board.

Highlighted
DM867
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung stepped up for me.  They were going to send out a technician, but the problem apparently couldn't be fixed (I had vertical banding and dead pixels around the edges and one in the middle).  Instead, they replaced my television at no cost.  This television works fine.  Thank you for standing behind your product!

user7iXLN9vx54
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello - I bought my UN75MU9000 from Vann's through Amazon on Mar 17 '18 for $1,999.99. Its picture was superb.  About 3 months later it began to go garbled dark screen periodically.  This condition grew worse and by Sept after many talks with techs and going through steps that changed nothing they sent a tech from local repair (Denver) contractor. He ordered a panel & new board after trying a new OneConnect. By this time the verticalbanding/discoloration had become noticeable. He referred to it as burn-in.  He put in request for the parts, told me to check with Samsung on panel availability, and lobby for an exchange with ECR.  I did so; after finally getting through to ECR they advised me that the protocol was to attempt to repair before exchanging. I checked in every couple of days, and was told they didn't have any panels available. On day 19 after the parts were ordered I got a call from local tech to schedule the panel & board replacement.

Once this was done it looked superb again.  Tech suggested not pausing to a still image for more than 45 seconds...?!?! I followed his tip, but by mid-January the banding lines, burn-in were back, more prominent than ever on original panel. I initiated another service ticket on Feb 13, went through the hard resets, different power outlets, isolated receiver, alternate HDMI cable, factory resets with three phone CSRs before I got one to recommend local tech look at it.  He did, confirmed burn-in, referred me for exchange.  

I spoke to two people who knew nothing about TVs, got an offer for a UN75RU8000 ($2,199 retail).  Didn't accept, called back at 8 AM and connected with Christian, who spoke perfect English and knew TVs. She first offered the RU8000, I asked if we could get something closer in specs to my MU9000.  She went away for a couple of minutes, came back and offered me a QN75 Q60 ($2,999 retail) Probably should have insisted on a Q70 or Q80, she said they were not available so I decided to accept and hope they've corrected the problem in the 2019 Models.

It has supposedly been shipped, so I am awaiting a call from the exchange crew, I will follow up with a post once dust settles.

userr6uJehsFe4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my MU8000 replaced today also for the same reasons you gave DM867. They replaced mine through Frys today And I got RU8000.... All LED have verticle banding. Some are worse than others it is the nature of the TV beast. Open your Utube app and search Verticle banding. Very interesting things will be learned....

userzJWsM1XK2m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 75MU800D is doing this... very frustatinf paid a lot for this tv. Always enjoyed Samsung products and this is very disappointing 

userPnnhCKd5o7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm experiencing the same problem. QB75H is my model.. TV was purchased only a year ago...

userdVICusle1h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

well my un75mu8000 has the same banding barn door effect as everyone else here. Panel was replaced once already under warranty 

Since then the problem returned with even more vigor.

I started to investigate a little and found that owners of the k series tvs had similar issues. One owner, i feel, made a significant discovery. After their panel replacement seems to habe been a short term fix the issue reurned.

The owner disassembled their tv and found that it wasnt the display panel itself causing the issue but the reflector panel seems to show either scorch or dust marks which can apparently be cleaned off. While i am tempted to experiment on my 75" i am trying to find more information to confirm this theory.