cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Pisanich
Constellation

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch q7f

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a gray spot in the middle. I thought maybe I wasn't careful and touched the screen too hard. But I've always been super careful to never touch the screen. I also have the vertical lines issue. I know this TV didn't have an issue with lines for at least the first 3-4 months. It does appear to be getting worse. I've only had this TV for maybe 9 months now. Feeling ripped off.

user1Sm3BwMJj8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an 8000 series that i bought last Feb 2018 and noticed the banding and a spot on my screen shortly before warranty end... now warranty period has passed and it's getting worse.  I took a chance at purchasing this $2500 tv knowing my last 46 inch Samsung tv didn't last more than 5 yrs (this tv makes a loud beep when you turn on and picture freezes with green lines.. i believe it's a bad capacitor.. save this for another time).  But yeah! I have gone through the same.  I saw another post saying there's a bulletin to replace the panel.  WILL SAMSUNG HELP???

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

user1Sm3BwMJj8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent pics... i have not heard anything from SAMSUNG... let me know what this problem is!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ user1Sm3BwMJj8  My apologies but we never received your pictures in private message. If you responded to the email that you receive, that goes to a Do not reply box that is not monitored. Please resend here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F and I would be happy to assist. 

userfGcaV0pAEF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issues with my 75” and I have the black dot as well. My was purchased last October 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userfGcaV0pAEF Let's look into this. Can you send a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the model and serial numbers of the television as well as if it appears on all sources and picture test?

userTCS6Wg0gX6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 55" QLED Q7 that I just got last week. I quickly noticed the vertical banding issue. It is most noticeable with light uniform color backgrounds. Watching a hockey game is almost painful.

After trying all kinds of troubleshooting on my own, including several factory re-sets, I called Samsung support. Nothing that I did or that support suggested seemed to help.

Just this evening, I tried something. I don't know if the banding will come back, but for now, it is gone.

I took a microfiber cloth, and used it to apply gentle pressure in a circular motion on the area of the the screen where the vertical banding appeared. After a minute or so of doing this, the banding gradually disappeared.

Again, I just did this about an hour ago, and I don't know, yet, whether the banding will re-appear, but, for now, it is gone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTCS6Wg0gX6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll add a few thoughts to what I explained above.

I have a theory about the cause of the vertical banding. I preface my explanation by saying that I have no engineering or design experience, and I could be completely wrong.

I noticed that the area where the vertical banding appears is identical to the rectangular box that is a part of the set-up menu for the TV. My theory is that the TVs came out of the factory fine, but, when we are using the set-up menu to set up an account, fine tune settings, etc. and when that very bright set-up menu is on the screen for an extended period of time, it is "burning" the vertical banding into the screen.

When I tried gently rubbing the screen, as I explained above, I did so because I remembered having read, a few years ago, that this method often works to fix stuck pixels, hot pixels, or burned in areas on an LCD or LED screen. So, I figured that it was worth a try.

If my theory is correct, my hope is that, now that the TV is completely set up and fine tuned, I won't have any need to spend an extended period of time in the settings menu and that the vertical banding won't come back.

A couple of days ago, I spent some time at a Best Buy and the salesperson let me spend some time playing around with 3 different Samsung QLED TVs. None of the 3 TVs showed any signs of the vertical banding. But that is actually quite consistent with my theory. When Best Buy gets these sets, they don't spend much time setting them up and fine tuning them. Instead, they just set them to the retail demo mode and leave them that way. So, those sets would never have been run for an extended amount of time with the set-up menu on the screen.

Again, I can't say for sure, yet, whether the banding will return on my set, but, even if it does, at least, I know what I can do as a short-term workaround. That isn't an ideal permanent fix, but, at least, it can allow me to watch the TV without going crazy until (I hope) Samsung comes up with a permanent fix.

The only thing that makes me less than fully confident that my fix will be permanent is that I would have thought that, if it is a permanent fix, someone from Samsung would have figured that out by now.