Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user84L0mheEqp
Asteroid

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch q7f

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20170808_195537.jpg

20170808_211526.jpgMLB.tv load up screen. Ignore the blurry logo nothing to do with the problem but you can see the lines.

20170808_224253.jpgIn Battlefield 1, lines go up around the cross hairs.

20170808_184111.jpgMLB the show

20170808_181402.jpg

20170808_181023.jpg

20170808_194238.jpgThis was taken while in motion

Hi. I have attached several photos including a few from the screen test. On the screen test it is less noticable, but you can still see it. The other ones it's very obvious. Some other things I did tonight... basically adjusted every picture sitting from hdr to backlight to game mode etc. They are there across the board. Also watched 30 seconds of Pirates of the Caribbean, looked normal. ESPN noticed it. Smackdown didn't. Soccer game on FS1 noticed it. Both were HD. Every video game played it was very noticeable. It's driving me crazy!

Again, it's very hard to get this on camera. I have tried several adjustments on my phone and is tough to pick up at points but I can tell you that these pictures don't do it justice. 

Knaub
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep, looks almost identical to my set.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user84L0mheEqp: Send us a private message with your model and serial number.  Honestly repairs would be recommended if this shows on all sources and in the picture test. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Knaub
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Firmware 1132 is available from Samsung.com, put it in a USB, it has improved color banding on my tv, not perfect yet, but an improvement.

userMmHlHQPzQg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this exact same problem that you describe here - I'm in Australia and paid $8k for my Q7F 75" and I am extremely disappointed that it has this major viewing problem - I see the vertical banding in everything I watch as soon as there is a patch of screen with similar colouring - eg sky, grass, water etc. If this isn't fixable I'll be returning my TV.

Has anyone had this fixed or is only solution to make it a bit better by the firmware patch mentioned here???? I need it fixed, not made a bit less noticeable. This is a top of the line tv not a budget unit - you shouldn't have significant picture display problems like this.

Knaub
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, I'm starting to get annoyed that I paid so much for a tv of this caliber, when all my

other tvs in the house, of much lower quality, exhibit none of the issues and have a perfect image.

userMmHlHQPzQg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I originally posted in this thread about the vertical line issue on my q7f 4 weeks ago. I'm in Australia.

I've since had my tv repaired by my local samsung service centre. I just got it back yesterday. They replaced one of the main boards. It still has the vertical line problem - very noticeable at night time, harder to see during the day time but still there.

So it looks like there is no fix for this issue and that all the Q series TVs are flawed?????

Anyone had this issue successfully fixed?

useruHEfs38J24
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try updating to firmware version 1144. TV said that no updates were available for me so downloaded via Samsung Download Center and installed on TV. I had many dark lines on the left hand side of my screen, especially during panning shots. They seem to have disappeared with this update though. Fingers crossed!

usertR9RIwyB86
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can anyone else confirm 1144 solved this issue?

userBeaJuf58ge
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this 1144 firm and the banding is still there. Here you have a picture. I have returned this Qled. I'm. Thinking that is a design problem. Or maybe a bad quality control