cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGCf7DrHePs
Constellation

Re: Same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I bought a MU9000 74inch in Oct and I am seeing these banding issues also.

Is there a new firmware planned for MU9000?

What should we do?

Thanks
Kevin

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Kevin, unfortunately, we are unable to speculate on future updates. Does it occur on all sources and inputs? Have you tried a factory reset?

userGCf7DrHePs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungGill, i have been monitoring it this past week and can confirm that vertical bankding is occuring on all sources. I didn't notice it in the beginning but i guess thats because i was looking that closely. It's more noticeable on darker shows.

I even now notice a small grey dot in the center of the screen similar to the characteristics of banding but a dot.

Between the overscan on top left hand corner, vertical banding and this grey dot i don't feel too good about this purchase.

I will reset and let you know my results.

Hope Samsung can take care of these issues as this wasnt a cheap TV.

Thanks for responding.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userqlOFRPtACu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userGCf7DrHePs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Panel replaced and tv looks great no banding. I will monitor and hope it stays this way.

user0xDI6QufLq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my 7QF 65inch for just over a month. This was a replacement for a new Samsung KS9000 that had screen issues.

The vertical banding is quite a pain and getting really noticable now under certain conditions (HDR 4k content with darker scenes). Seems to have got worse as time went on.

I also have noticed a grey uniformity issue on the far left of my screen which appears during bright scenes, so between both these issues it's getting very disracting. Not happy considering the money I've paid.

I'd love to have contact regarding a technician visit please. 

Just to note i'm in the UK.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, we only have the ability to support within the US. Please visit the link below for support in your area.

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

userBBjF2Hjzqb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish I had seen this thread before I bought my Samsung TV. The vertical banding is annoying!

userBBjF2Hjzqb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 75” Samsung TV that I bought for the Super Bowl and I have the vertical banding problem as well. It sounds like it’s a problem with all the Samsung TVs. Why wasn’t there a recall?