cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYJ3XPw6vhm
Constellation

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch q7f

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a 75" Samsung JU7100 in September of 2016 because i was a proud owner of a Samsung plasma TV that had lasted for over 7 years (still works great till this day). Unfortunately I can not say the same for my 75". Last year around December i started noticing vertical banding. My warranty was up but luckily i bought a 3rd party extended warranty. After calling several times and sending pictures they replaced my TV with an LG. I'm quite disappointed that the TV has only lasted me for a little over 2 years since i paid about 3 grand for the TV at the time. This was the last of their 3D TV's and even though some have moved on I still enjoy throwing in a 3D movie to watch. Needless to say after reading this thread i will no longer be purchasing Samsung TV's until they get this figured out. 

usern92ewfGDut
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same over here! We called Samsung and they gave us the info for an authorized store that can fix it but they want to charge us $1,500 because according to them its the screen. That price is ABSURD and for that we just buy a new tv! Come on Samsung.. theres gotta be something you can do. There are a whole 25 pages of US, CUSTOMERS, having the same issue!!

The links below are to the pictures. I wasnt sure how to attach them Woman Frustrated

https://gyazo.com/4197282f81136b214d2c536761b8a3fd

https://gyazo.com/df88d71b0382530e21b0b68dd595a97e

https://gyazo.com/a23352233cc1a8230e97b3aaadb768bc

https://gyazo.com/852724d07ea83ca4c7d9b6b0b8a0ab14

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usern92ewfGDut   Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we can check in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNC8Q9ZC5Ll
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, My original request went into Samsung on the 21st of July.  I have had an authorized service tech come to my house and verify the problem with the vertical lines.  That was three weeks ago.  I continuously am being told that the exchange department will call me back in less than 2 days.  (2 days not 2 weeks).  What is the story?  This is a known defect with the TV, is the goal to see if I stop calling?  My patience is beginning to wear thin.  Is there a direct line to US supervisor to talk to? 

Thank you.  

userNC8Q9ZC5Ll
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sorry 21 Jan, 2019. Autocorrected to July.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userOva1wvKmYh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was always under the impression that you should never run signal wires near power wires due to possible interference.

And yet, the "one connect wire has power and signal wires in the same cable?????

uservIYkPnqzS7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told the same thing, my first samsung tv have any issues in the last 10 years

DM867
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung stepped up for me.  They were going to send out a technician, but the problem apparently couldn't be fixed (I had vertical banding and dead pixels around the edges and one in the middle).  Instead, they replaced my television at no cost.  This television works fine.  Thank you for standing behind your product!

user7iXLN9vx54
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello - I bought my UN75MU9000 from Vann's through Amazon on Mar 17 '18 for $1,999.99. Its picture was superb.  About 3 months later it began to go garbled dark screen periodically.  This condition grew worse and by Sept after many talks with techs and going through steps that changed nothing they sent a tech from local repair (Denver) contractor. He ordered a panel & new board after trying a new OneConnect. By this time the verticalbanding/discoloration had become noticeable. He referred to it as burn-in.  He put in request for the parts, told me to check with Samsung on panel availability, and lobby for an exchange with ECR.  I did so; after finally getting through to ECR they advised me that the protocol was to attempt to repair before exchanging. I checked in every couple of days, and was told they didn't have any panels available. On day 19 after the parts were ordered I got a call from local tech to schedule the panel & board replacement.

Once this was done it looked superb again.  Tech suggested not pausing to a still image for more than 45 seconds...?!?! I followed his tip, but by mid-January the banding lines, burn-in were back, more prominent than ever on original panel. I initiated another service ticket on Feb 13, went through the hard resets, different power outlets, isolated receiver, alternate HDMI cable, factory resets with three phone CSRs before I got one to recommend local tech look at it.  He did, confirmed burn-in, referred me for exchange.  

I spoke to two people who knew nothing about TVs, got an offer for a UN75RU8000 ($2,199 retail).  Didn't accept, called back at 8 AM and connected with Christian, who spoke perfect English and knew TVs. She first offered the RU8000, I asked if we could get something closer in specs to my MU9000.  She went away for a couple of minutes, came back and offered me a QN75 Q60 ($2,999 retail) Probably should have insisted on a Q70 or Q80, she said they were not available so I decided to accept and hope they've corrected the problem in the 2019 Models.

It has supposedly been shipped, so I am awaiting a call from the exchange crew, I will follow up with a post once dust settles.