userTOmuWGJgdB
Constellation

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch mu8000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello SamsungMichelle 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userTOmuWGJgdB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you - I sent you a private message. Hope to hear back from you soon.
useraJ1uWJ3ATx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did anyone get this resolved?

I was supposed to have a tech come out and look at it again as the issue has gotten worse. Then I get a call the same day as my appointment saying I would have to pay for the tech if he comes out and doesn't find anything wrong with the TV. This is after i wasted my time with Samsung support explaining that the issue was never resolved the first time and them agreeing to send out another tech (they didn't mention I would be paying for it). Samsung denied that the banding is an issue. They told me it was within their "specs" but the lines are clearly visible and look horrible! Mind you this is a 4 month old TV. 

My wife and I have been buying only Samsung phones for the last 10 years and decided to go with their TV. But after talking to several people including a best buy employee this seems to be the way Samsung does business. Very bad support. They avoid fixing anything and frustrate customers until they give up. 

I will never again buy a Samsung product and will let whoever will listen know why they should not buy a Samsung product. 

userGCf7DrHePs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear. I think I got lucky because not only did I have the banding issue I had an area of dead pixels (size of a dime).  I think because of that there was no way they could say no to a new panel. 

If I was stuck with the banding I would be so upset because I watch sports and that's when it's most noticeable. This is unacceptable to have on a TV.

I found the issue came after a few months so still monitoring how this new panel goes, so far so good.

I have seen that many people have this issue so it's definitely a big issue. 

Good luck.

userTOmuWGJgdB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had them come out to my house three weeks ago. They replaced the entire panel (the whole screen). Like others have mentioned, the issue is still there. What are the chances of getting two defective TVs? My TV is also only four / five months old. I will be contacting them about this soon. 

userIwmQLrDyxk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly this issue. The top left mainly visible when using Hulu app. Such a disappointment. I have never had an issue with any of my Samsung products. I was so trusting set it up and got rid of the box. A few days later I started noticing the lines in some lower resolution sources and then noticed them carrying over to even 4K sources.

userg0ri3BYgnY
Astronaut

Re: Vertical lines on 65inch Q9FN

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the new flagship Q9FN 65" and have severe banding on my set as well.  It is primarily apparent in darker scenes.  The bands are about 2 1/2-3" wide and almost all over the screen.   It only happens as mentioned in darker scenes and during brighter scenes is is not an issue.  I then also tried a few games that have dark scenes like a racing game and running a track at night and sure enough the bands appear.  I tried many games and any game that has a nightime/evening time of day setting, you can see the bands even without panning the camera, if you pan the camera it is even worse.

Outside of that the panel is incredible.  Great color, HDR brightness etc.  It is fantastic, but with the bands, it is almost un-watchable unless the only content you watch has no dark scenes that pan...which for a $4,000 TV it should not be having these issues.   

userTOmuWGJgdB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have an issue with the top left even after having the entire screen replaced. How can this be possible? 

userRVmoLyGSU9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me. Tv is 2/3 months old. I notice it mostly in grey screens on Xbox and light blue. I haven’t tested all sources. It is very annoying for such an expensive tv. My other 8000 series Samsung tv from 6 years ago isn’t 4K but looks better.