cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Vertical lines on 65inch Q9FN

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the new flagship Q9FN 65" and have severe banding on my set as well.  It is primarily apparent in darker scenes.  The bands are about 2 1/2-3" wide and almost all over the screen.   It only happens as mentioned in darker scenes and during brighter scenes is is not an issue.  I then also tried a few games that have dark scenes like a racing game and running a track at night and sure enough the bands appear.  I tried many games and any game that has a nightime/evening time of day setting, you can see the bands even without panning the camera, if you pan the camera it is even worse.

Outside of that the panel is incredible.  Great color, HDR brightness etc.  It is fantastic, but with the bands, it is almost un-watchable unless the only content you watch has no dark scenes that pan...which for a $4,000 TV it should not be having these issues.   

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Vertical lines on 75inch mu8000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have an issue with the top left even after having the entire screen replaced. How can this be possible? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me. Tv is 2/3 months old. I notice it mostly in grey screens on Xbox and light blue. I haven’t tested all sources. It is very annoying for such an expensive tv. My other 8000 series Samsung tv from 6 years ago isn’t 4K but looks better.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just curious if anyone has discovered a resolution to this without switching TV's. I am experiencing the same issue, most noticable on the DirecTV 4k channel while watching the world cup, but it is also present on other sources.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue when my TV shows Greys.  Grey streaks on the left and right side of screen.  Can’t believe such an expensive TV would look so bad after 4 months!!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ user7JyDTNbM1p I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please send a Private Message here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F with the full model and serial numbers of the television as well as any sample pictures of the symptom?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model code un75mu6300

serial <Hidden>

softwear version T-Ktmakuc1210.8 , BT-s

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And yes all sources. Even the test picture of the beach in the TVs settings.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give up on it. I even tried getting a new set and it was the exact same thing. I finally switched to a backlit Sony TV and it works great. Such a frustrating experience with this Samsung model.