cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Verticle Red Line Down The Screen

I have a QN75Q7FAM TV that developed last night a verticle red line on the left hand side of the screen. The TV is just over 2 years old and I bought it from Samsung directly.  Its been hanging on the wall since it was purchased and never touched.  I ran and failed the screen test, have reset settings, and removed and plugged back in all cables but to no avail.  How can I get rid of this verticle line and fix this problem?  For what I paid for this TV you would expect it to last longer than 2 years. Would appreciate any help.Verticle Red Line.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Verticle Red Line Down The Screen

That line isn't just going to be fixed as the panel itself has failed. If it is still under warranty I highly suggest RMA-ing it as soon as possible.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Verticle Red Line Down The Screen

Thank you - Unfortunately its 2yrs old so its out of warrenty.  I called Samsung customer service but they wouldn't suggest / recommend how to fix it or what I could do about it.  Instead they put a service call in but the company they use wants $250 to just walk in the door.  Incredible that a 2 year old Samsung TV at this cost, would begin failing so soon.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Verticle Red Line Down The Screen

Yeah, it's really unfortunate, I guess you got unlucky with the quality of the panel. This is why I usually stick to LG TV's have had one for 10 years and it still works brilliantly