JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume not going above 10 Smart hub smart features greyed out. Apps not deleteable.

(Topic created: 12-05-2020 02:04 PM)
user1CkecbWP4e
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have a world of pain a 2019 qled model 55 inch UK spec, the one with the bluetooth remote.

The problem started when netflix would not play a film. (Memory problem). I went in through the reset menu to clear cache, ram etc. I am running plex server app mainly and I tried to clear cache on that and it wont clear it wont delete etc. 

I then tried deleting net flix, it did but it immediately reappeared. I tried to delete plex, again it immediately reappeared.

Volume is max at 10 wont go any higher 

multiple smart features are unavailable.  for example cant ask for remote help. Cant deleselect start last app, and most others to be honest. You tube works oddly as its pre-installed I cant delete it.

I have reset , under the general menu. and reset under self help.

Sometimes, the smart hub seems to die, and I have to go in through the long press on the top right hand side aof the blue tooth remote and it brings up the settings menu. Following a good clean reset (occasional) the smart hub re-appears but wont let me delete apps still etc.

Its 3 days out of warranty. I have moved to Germany from the UK and the TV has been perfect until last night.

I am going to beg samsung for help as spending a £1000 on a tv for it to last just a year is rediculous.

Any ideas?

Thanks for help in advance.

2 Replies
Solution
user1CkecbWP4e
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

SOLVED IT read on another forum you can do a full factory reset / delivery standard install. You press the on off button (which is in the middle of the tv at the front underneath) for 10 seconds then press the power on on your remote for 10 seconds the tv reboots twice and enters the set up process.  This may be useful for other app related problems! I think it was UK licenced apps being used in Germany and it really, really messed the TV up!

0 Likes
Hady
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
hi
0 Likes