cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Wall mount adaptor missing for Q60T

I just purchased a 50" Q6OT Samsung TV. Purchased a separate wall mount kit.

The screws provided with the wall mount kit dont fit into the tv. After calling Samsung, they said i need to purchase a separate wall mount adaptor. There is nothing in the book that tells you this, nor did anyone mention to this to me at best buy. I now have to place a separate order with Samsung Parts. 

Does Samsung do this to intentionally frustrate their customers? I dont mind paying a few extra dollars, but why make me figure this out on my own and have to pay a separate fee. 

2 REPLIES 2
Astronaut

Re: Wall mount adaptor missing for Q60T

I had the same problem with screws that don't fit the tv when I replaced my current wall-mount tv with a Samsung tv. I was able to find screws that fit both the mount and the tv at Home Depot. Samsung provides the info on the screws that fit the tv in the Quick Setup Guide. For my 50" Q60T, I needed 4 metric bolts that were M8 size with 1.25 millimeter thread spacing, and a length of 39-41 millimeters. Home Depot had socket cap screws in that size (40 millimeters in length) that fit perfectly. Home Depot even sells a box of various sized cap screws for tvs for $10. If you plan to use spacers of any significant size (other than a flat washer), you will have to plan for a longer screw. If you don't have your Guide, you can place a nail into the screw hole on the tv and measure how deep it is in millimeters. Subtract a couple of millimeters to prevent the screw from bottoming out, and that should be the correct length.

Re: Wall mount adaptor missing for Q60T

Hi. This is a common problem with lots of Wall mount companies dont keep up with newer models. 

The screw you need is M8 and the length should be 45mm minimum. If its longer you can use spacers to reduce the height. See picture below. 

When you go to the hardware store look for the Metric size and not SAE. M8 is a common size and you want to get a length of 45mm minimum. 

You can also order from amazon with the details i have typed above, there are many sellers selling this product. 

Samsung Bolts for TV - Copy.jpgSpacers for TV mounting - Copy.jpg