cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

What size for "no mat" uploaded photos??

I have The Frame (55"); I've uploaded personal photos in the past, resized as appropriate, and set in Art Mode with "No Mat." I recently attempted to upload a new photo, and cannot do so without the ugly "Shadowbox Mat" being my only options. 

I have tried resizing the photo to: 16x9, 1600x900, 3480x2160, and 3600x2000 (all of which I either read on various help forums or used in the past), and none of them give me the "no mat" option for the photos. Can anyone advise what size photos need to be in order to get the "no mat" option? Or provide any insight as to why this issue is occuring??  

3 REPLIES 3
Constellation

Re: What size for "no mat" uploaded photos??

4k size is 3840X2160 (not 3480), so you need to format your photos to this resolution exactly.  I can choose to have no matte on any of my pictures that are correctly formatted.

Note that the TV only has a 500MB space for pictures so only jpegs. I suggest a compression of 15, it seems to work well with 4K images.

Asteroid

This was driving me crazy, so thanks very much for clarifying.

I'm curious how you figured that out. I didn't see it anywhere in the manual. Or did I miss something?

Astronaut

still didnt work for me!?!?!?!? seriosly driving me nuts!!!!! thoughts? tx tony :-)