cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGozWWlWOwl
Asteroid

Why did QN65Q9FNAF-Audio-Stutter get removed from Samsung community?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am still experiencing audio stutter with my 65" Q9FN TV and tried accessing the previous thread to see if a solution was found by Samsung. But the thread has been removed. Does anyone know why? Is there a solution yet? Where can I access current status? Any help is appreciated!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userGozWWlWOwl
Asteroid

Re: Why did QN65Q9FNAF-Audio-Stutter get removed from Samsung community?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: Since Samsung software version 1270 release I have not experienced any audio stutter. Perhaps version 1270 has a fix for the audio stutter problem but I was unable to verify that with Samsung support. Hopefully others that reported the audio stutter problem will chime in if their problem has been resolved with version 1270?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The thread was removed due to it's age and lack of accepted solution. What is the current software version of the television? Does this issue occur on all sources and inputs?

userGozWWlWOwl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the prompt reply. The latest version (1260) is installed. The TV was installed in late December 2018.  Yes, the audio stutter occurs on all sources (i.e. observed on live TV, playback of DVR recordings, and streaming apps). Very intermittent, comes and goes on its own. Stutters for approximately 5-15 seconds then corrects itself.

Recently I have been working this issue with Sonos support the last few weeks. The last time stuttering occurred I sent them a diagnostic within 1 minute of the stuttering and emailed them the confirmation code for their evaluation. Yesterday they replied indicating the diagnostic showed "source was stopping". Their explanation of source stopping is as follows: "What we mean by the source stopping is the Playbar at points the audio from the Samsung TV is being lost, this causes the Playbar to stop for a brief moment.  It is sounding more and more like the TV is the issue.  What you can try is to connect the Playbar directly to the Xfinity cable box via optical cable, if the issue does not occur then we will know for sure it is the TV".  

Fortunetly, the Xfinity cable DVR box (Model MO MX011ANM aka X1G-A) has an optical port. So, I accpted their request and connected the optical audio output from the cable box directly to the Sonos playbar this morning. I will monitor for audio stutter for next couple of weeks to determine if it returns. If so, the problem will be with the Sonos playbar. If it does not return, the problem should be the Samsung TV but not sure if Samsung will be receptive to it being their issue since they have not offered a solution to date.

Is the above helpful? Has anyone tried connecting the optical audio out put to the cable box itself? Is so, do you recall the results of their testing from the previous thread?

Dan

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is definitely helpful. It's a reasonable direction of troubleshooting. I don't have any history of it being tried but it's definitely worth a shot. Please keep us posted.

userGozWWlWOwl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: No audio stutter for over a week now. More testing might be in order though?

But Samsung Tech just left my house and couldn't reproduce the audio stuttering. Not surprising since it is very intermittent!

Interesting, while he was here an auto update occurred (Version 1260 now is version 1270! Does anyone know what improvements/fixes are in this new update especially audio fixes? 

userGozWWlWOwl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: Since Samsung software version 1270 release I have not experienced any audio stutter. Perhaps version 1270 has a fix for the audio stutter problem but I was unable to verify that with Samsung support. Hopefully others that reported the audio stutter problem will chime in if their problem has been resolved with version 1270?

View solution in original post