cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Why did Samsung UK Business say the Q90R received eArc

I am sorry, I do own a q950r, but no eARC soundbar yet (waiting for earc confirmation), so not able to test 

Many other thread on other websites mention that there is no earc in 1374 patch. I think Uk team made a mistake....

Cosmic Ray

Hello, might i ask you to share of what actually got displayed on the soundbar when watching Dolby Atmos content- does it show "Dolby Atmos" all the time? Or just at the beginning (of a movie) and then "TV ARC" afterward?  Thank you

Asteroid

Ok, as said earlier I have the Q90R QLED and a HW-Q90R soundbar so I am going to try updating now since I've extracted the new firmware to a USB stick. As of writing this post my TV doesn't show the new firmware being available hence the USB stick method.

I'll report back in a bit.

Asteroid

Q90R has been updated to 1374 as per photos. You can see the USB stick on the right of the photo sticking out of the One Box.

Updated to 1374

However I can't see anything different in the Sound menu. Hardware wise I use an AppleTV 4K connected directly to the bar in order to access Amazon Video, Plex on my NAS and my AppleTV movie library. The latter contains Atmos titles, which means the soundbar's tiny display has always displayed Dolby Atmos when I start any content.

I do have a PS4 Pro hooked to the bar too for BluRay titles. In addtion I have a SkyQ box that is hooked up to the One Connect Box. It doesn't help that there seems to be no changelog for the firmware.

Cosmic Ray

Thanks for sharing - i have the same Q90R TV and Soundbar - it looks like after the update in the tv sound expert setting you can choose Dolby Digital +  (i can't check anymore if it has always been greyed out before) - soundwise, i do feel that there has been an improvement

At the beginning, there seem lots of hiccups after the update when you turn on dolby supported content. That disappeared after i replaced my HDMI cable to 2.1

Astronaut

I have also updated, via USB as doing it via the TV... didn't provide any update.

I have switched my Virgin Media Tivo box back to Dolby Digital, rather than Dolby via PCM, and I still notice a slight sound delay. I'll have to revisit my soundbar settings to see if I have changed any config, but... if I haven't, then I don't see a vast improvement, nor have I found anything in the settings page.