cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Why did Samsung UK Business say the Q90R received eArc

So in reply to my weekly tweet about when is the Q90R going to receive our promised eArc firmware update, Samsung UK business Twitter handle replied back that the Q90r just received it's eArc update, please see attached pic.  If this is true, when will the US support site receive our long awaited, but better late than never eArc update for our Q90R?Screenshot_20210104-103423.jpg

25 REPLIES 25
Asteroid

Re: Why did Samsung UK Business say the Q90R received eArc

After looking up the post, I verified that UK version has a new firmware released on Dec.29.2020.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE75Q90RATXXU/#downloads

• ver 1374.0 | 1469.24 MB | Dec.29.2020

Has anyone tested this firmware on the NA version of the TVs?

Cosmic Ray

I'm in U.K. and have this update but don't have any eARC equipment. Is there anything on the TV settings I can check?

Constellation

Same here. Downloaded and added the new firmware but only have a sonos beam which can't handle the HD audio formats. There's no obvious change to the audio menus that I can see though.

Asteroid

From what it sounds like, there should be an eArc auto setting added to the sound menu, might be in the expert section.

Constellation

Just looked through all the audio expert menus with both Netflix and an external movie player as sources. Nothing obviously displaying eArc (there is a 'Dolby Atmos Compatibility' toggle, but that was there previously). With my media player as source the Expert Settings selection for Digital Output Audio Format allows PCM or DD, but DD+ is grey'd out. The best I can see on the Sonos appps info is DD 5.1 as previous. However, If I select a higher audio stream on the player then the app indicates 'Silence' as source. With Netflix selected I do have the option to select DD+ (I don't know if this has changed or not) and the Sonos app now displays ''You are receiving an audio signal that is not supported (Dolby Digital Plus).  So has something changed/improved?

Constellation

I'm in Canada. I have the q90r 82" and the pairing q90r soundbar. Was thinking on downloading it. But wanted to see if anyone else have done it so I dont brick my tv 

Astronaut

I think they mean the q90 soundbar, that one is upgraded to Earc last year

Cosmic Ray

@userGfhd4SIVot wrote:

I think they mean the q90 soundbar, that one is upgraded to Earc last year

No, they specifically state it's the TV as someone on Twitter said they might have meant the soundbar and they confirmed they were referring to the TV. 

Constellation

Its not included, i cant see any reference to earc in settings