cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Will Q90R get upgrade firmware to HDMI 2.1?

I'm big fan of Samsung TV. i just bought a Q90R TV and i love it. But after some research that Q90R doesn't have hdmi 2.1 but LG OLED TV, i just wonder will Samsung will upgrade for Q90R one connect box to hdmi 2.1 for gaming? THANKS

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Will Q90R get upgrade firmware to HDMI 2.1?

Regretfully, we are unable to speculate about the release of future updates. Please stay tuned to the page, and we will post publicly when an update becomes available. Thanks for being the best part of Samsung!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I hope Samsung gives us good news before the ACER PCG437K P 144hz 43" 4k monitor is released.

IfS  let's me know before the release then my choice is Q90r, I just bought the Q8FM and I love it but I have a Nvidia 2080ti and gaming at 4k is not that great.   Image quality for everything else is amazing!    Please Samsung

Highlighted
Constellation

I think we are about to be on the loosing end of this. Samsung released that it will be updating 2019 8k panels with hdmi 2.1 but not 4k. That's fine but I was under the impression that the q90r with the one connect box was hdmi 2.1 possible. Multiple reviews stated this in there reviews of the set. Looks like my 82 inch q90r that I spent $6k on will be a under performer compaired to the 2020 models. Not happy 

Highlighted
Constellation

Your Q90 R will still be better than the 4k 2020 model. From the video I watched,  they significantly chopped down the local dimming zones , which will take away the quality of the picture. I'm gonna wait and see what unfolds. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Local dimming doesn't matter, because it DOES NOT work in GAME MODE : )

Highlighted
Asteroid

Dont need it as it has every 2.1 feature needed for the ps5 and Xbox series X when they are out. Q90R is allready set for the new consoles