Original topic:

Worse Experience EVER!!! TERRIBLE Customer Service!!!

(Topic created: 06-28-2021 10:19 AM)
xDFxRELLIK
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
So I purchased the Q800T 65" 8K TV back in September of last year. In December all of a sudden I had a dark area smack in the middle of my TV, I contacted service for repair and that's where all the insane issues begin. I purchased the TV from the shop Samsung app using Samsung pay as my payment method, being a digital purchase through the app I disregarded the emailed receipt because you can pull your order history through the app. When I call the service department they tell me that they need proof of purchase for my TV to be under warranty, I send them screenshots of the order history and everything directly from their app, they respond by telling me that's not valid proof of purchase. They told me to download the receipt from samsung.com and submit that, so I do so and they respond back telling me the receipt doesn't have the samsung logo and that it's not valid... We go back and forth with that for a while and they stand their ground saying I cannot prove purchase so my warranty is invalid they won't repair. I bite it and deal with the small issue... fast forward 6 months later... my TV has NEVER left the wall mount, I turn the TV on and there is a line of pixels going down one side and across the bottom of the TV. Contact Samsung again, this time they tell me we will service it, they send the claim to asurion in which they try to say there is physical damage to the TV and is not covered under warranty. Contact Samsung back and they tell me that because Asurion deemed it physical damage that Samsung will not do anything in order to fix the TV..... I'm sorry, I thought I bought this TV from Samsung not Asurion!!! Since when does a service company make decisions for the main company who btw has their OWN service techs that they could send out instead of the 3rd party company. The service rep wouldn't budge, he apologized profusely but said unfortunately per policy they cannot do anything for me! This TV isn't even 1 YEAR old and now because of what most would consider manufacturing defect I am stuck with a broken $4,000 TV. I even said to just swap it with a refurbished one for all I care to just fix the issues I have and I got nothing, stuck with something I had no control over and didn't cause. If I had caused this I would own it and go with it but there is literally nothing externally wrong with the TV it is all internal and has never left the mount.... I have almost all Samsung products in my home never once have had an issue and now this being the most expensive item I have purchased from them and they won't do a thing to help me.

1 Reply
userDandyD
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Contact your states Attorney General and send them the text you wrote in your message above. I'm sure they will help.

0 Likes