JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Xbox Series X Q70A VRR Flicker

(Topic created: 06-02-2021 06:50 AM)
userw1O8bt3aL1
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Not sure if anyone else if having this issue but I have my Xbox Series X attached to the HDMI 2.1 port with 4k120hz HDR, ALLM, and VRR (FreeSync Premium showing on game bar) enabled. Whenever I run games like Destiny 2 or Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I noticed that in the opening scene for those games, my screen gets a really nasty flicker. It hurts my eyes whenever the flicker starts because it gets really bright and sometimes noticed it in Youtube (on the console) whenever I watch HDR content

14 Replies
StrudelBaker
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am using an Xbox Series X and a 65-inch Q70A. I notice the flicker occurring the most while playing Destiny 2. The issue is especially bad during any sort of transition between activities, transitions before cut scenes, or whenever the screen is black during loading. I have not experimented much with settings to fix the issue.

I have also experienced this issue while playing MLB The Show 2021. The flicker occurs right before loading into a game during Road To The Show.

The flicker never seems to occur during actual gameplay in either game, but it is annoying nonetheless. Especially considering I just unboxed the TV yesterday. Hoping there is a software update to correct this ASAP!

userw1O8bt3aL1
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
It is annoying but honestly I don't mind playing with VRR off till there's an update to fix this issue because besides that, the TV is really good in my opinion.
0 Likes
userUhi38Tunyf
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issues with Xbox series x and Q70a 55”. There is a 1560 firmware on the US support page. Did anyone apply that and did it solve the issue? 

0 Likes
Solution
user1bwoL1zTBi
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have qled q70A 55 '' fw 1506
Try to disable the 24hz mode activated automatically by xbox series x and not supported by the TV.
Personally I did this: i connected the xbox series x on hdmi 4 port i activated everything in video mode (50hz, low latency mode, vrr, ycc 4: 2: 2, 4k, hdr10, auto hdr), NO dolby vision (not supported by tv) and NO 24hz (activated automatically by xbox series x, this caused me the flickering problem).
In video fidelity and overscan I changed color depth to 30bit per pixel activated
On tv: game mode, hdr in game mode and color space increase (plus input signal)
I am also testing and it seems that the problem is solved, let me know too

arsupato_8
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

You are a hero man wow it works like a charm no more flickering mannn god bless you ❤️