cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

YouTube app and account

Hi everyone, just bought the Q80T and I'm noticing the YouTube app sometimes has a problems recognizing my YouTube Premium account. The gray "bubbles" will show up but won't be filled with any content. When I sign out, I have full access as a guest. My account works fine on my phone and other TV. Any ideas Samsung? I like the TV alot, but this could be enough of an annoyance to return it, especially at a $1000+. My cheaper TVs never had these problems. Hope you can give me some help, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: YouTube app and account

We are sorry to hear about this. Is YouTube Premium the only app that you have this issue with? Have you checked to make sure that the television software is up to date?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for the reply.  At times we also have issues with Amazon Prime and the TV won't Smart View (or mirror cast) my Galaxy S8, which I put in a different post. I checked for an update but it said it was all up to date. 

Highlighted

I have the Galaxy S9 and Smart View works for me. I believe Android Version has to be higher than 9 in order for you to cast without that black screen.

What issue are you having with Amazon Prime? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have Android 9. Which TV do you have?

I can look at the content of Prime, but if I click on a show it gives me some error message...but not always.

And YouTube also works sometimes with my account, usually during the day, rarely at night, but always works if I sign out and use it as a guest.