JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 02-15-2021 03:55 PM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
userkNObKwdAYr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The situation seems much better on the NU7400. The 4k videos are mostly playing. There are some occasions where it drops down to 360p, but after a few seconds it goes back to 4k. I will have to test watch more videos but I wouldn't say it's 100% fixed

0 Likes
userkNObKwdAYr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The update to RC versions is done on Google's side. I believe the Samsung app is just a "shell" that loads and streams from a Google web page. The theory is that Samsung's 1310.4 update broke the ability of the shell to stream 4k videos reliably on older TVs. Instead of theories, it would be nice if either Samsung or Google would tell us what's going on.

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

To see the version you have to enter the app.

Then going to settings the last item at the bottom gives you the version in use.

The shocking thing is that yesterday the version  was web_20210207_00_RC00 and everything was almost perfect.
Today the version became web_20210209_00_RC01 and the issous are back.

What is it? A joke?

Now I'm starting to get really angry ... everything worked and now they messed up again ... I have no words

0 Likes
userkNObKwdAYr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

For every 4k video that I watch that buffers or goes down to 360p, I am sending feedback using the app, as below. If many of us do that, hopefully it will wake somebody up over there. It's totally unacceptable.

20210211_140010.jpg

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

where have all the participants in the thread gone? have you all given up?

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

up

0 Likes
userOR5v1KLz8V
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did everything, a today's smarttv that can't play YouTube correctly, that's not toreable, in a premium TV. It's not toreable nowadays even in a hairdryer. 

Awfull support. I have to turn on the Xbox to watch videos normally, I payd for YouTube app like I did with 4k, hdr and fald, they just broke a feature, and the worst is they didn't move a finger, it has been months...

TV Q8

0 Likes
John P
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just noticed that my Youtube app version is now 20210210 and it seems much better after months of issues. I just played a few 4k videos all the way through with no down-res or buffering. Will keep testing.

I have 2018 65Q7FN.

0 Likes
user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've done 2 fast tests and now it looks fine... let's wait until it fails again...

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

20210210 is better than weeks ago when it stops after a few seconds , but only 20210207 worked almost perfectly. They could stop, 20210210 is much worse then 20210207 ( q6fn55)

0 Likes