JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 02-22-2021 08:22 AM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
John P
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Probably would have been good idea to turn off auto updates after 0207 was almost perfect.

I'm going to keep mine on for now since 0210 is still not perfect but much better.

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can you imagine the developer going to make a problem situation that is known to worse? Of course not, you expect it to improve. And after 20210207 there was 20210209 and 20210210. One worse than the other.
3 versions in 4 days and then they stopped. I'm afraid they've given up.

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

There have been 2 updates today: 20210216 and 20210217

One worse than the other.

We have two hopes: that they hire a developer who knows what he is doing and that a new samsung firmware can solve something ... with the updates of the youtube app I don't hope anymore.
But let's not give up, let's keep writing and complaining about a problem that has been going on for three months now.

In 18 pages we have not read an intervention by Samsung in this regard.

Please SAMSUNG can you explain to us what is happening?

usertWt1OwnwJE
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm curious what you other owners would do in my position. I am still within my first year of ownership warranty period (via Samsung I believe, purchased the unit at Walmart last April).  Is there any recourse for a claim based on this issue? 

I also have a 3-year protection plan ($99) purchased at that point, but I don't that gets me anywhere with issues such as this.  

Do I have any chance of assistance getting this TV's value refunded?

0 Likes
userMoHP8k15gA
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

From what I gather it's only the QxFN series from 2018 that are affected, so your TV should be OK unless you managed to get hold of an old model? If yours is working fine, what are you worrying about? - are you just concerned you might get a problem in the future? Can't see that being grounds for a refund.

0 Likes
usertWt1OwnwJE
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

My serial number is showing that my TV is a 2018 model, although I purchased it new in 2020.  My YouTube app has not played a 4k video since early December. 

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Is it an established fact that the problem only manifests itself on 2018 TVs?
However, I agree with those who say that the fault lies with Samsung, after all the problems arose after the last update.
Not only that, the same application runs with the same updates on the sky boxes without any problem.
But it is also true that during these updates, it seems to me with the 20210207, the situation was much improved and this means that something can be done to accommodate the firmware changes.
So I would say that the fault belongs to both.
The difference is that we gave the money to Samsung and not to Youtube, at least myself. And I am sickened by the fact that in 18 pages of the thread no one from the staff has intervened to explain to us how things stand and what we can expect for the future.

0 Likes
userMoHP8k15gA
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

After all this time, have we got absolute clarity on the problem?!

I ONLY have a problem trying to watch 4k films that I have purchased via Google Play Movies via the YouTube app on my 2018 Q6FN. I can watch free 4k stuff without a problem - everything I've tried anyway. I can watch my purchased 4k films via the Google Play movies app on my 2018 Q6FN anyway, so not even an issue for me that the YouTube app has a problem. I only came across this thread due to wondering what the firmware update was for.

I cannot watch any purchased film at all via the SkyQ YouTube app. The comment I saw that the sky box app works fine seems strange to me.

Can anyone give a specific example of what they cannot watch via the YouTube app on their Samsung TV? I'd be particularly interested on what can be watched via the SkyQ YouTube app that cannot be watched via the Samsung YouTube app.

I'm astonished that Samsung themselves haven't asked for a specific example, so they can see the problem for themselves - unless they are fully aware of the issue and are just ignoring everyone!

0 Likes
userkNObKwdAYr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

It is also not specific to QxFN TVs. It happens with my NU7400 TV (which also happens to be a 2018 model). Samsung do not seem interested in addressing this issue at all. They may have got their money already for that TV, but they will not be getting any future money from me, when i replace the TV.

A similar problem occurred with them only providing 1gb of storage space on the TVs, and this has run into 182 pages without being resolved by them. Many people have had to fight with their retailers to get their money back or had to claim back from their credit card companies.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/apps-storage-space-issue/td-p/808085 

Moral of the story is, Samsung do not care about their customers once they have your money. Is it too much trouble for someone from Samsung to reply to someone in this forum? Why bother to have a forum if you don't look at it?

0 Likes
userZ8fZRU69S4
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

It is absolutely not specific to QxFN TVs.  I have the same problem with my NU8070 and YouTube 4k

0 Likes